DIP switch or LCD display, full constant power across entire FM band without tuning and 15W of clean power!
The new MAX PRO 2015+ FM exciter is a simplified version of our MAX PRO 6015+ board and also a replacement for our old MAXPRO2000+. It is also a recommended replacement for our popular MAX PRO 3000+ board. Although this version lacks some of the features of the MAXPRO6015+ it still represents a big improvement over the old MAX PRO 2000+ and MAXPRO 3000+; The new MAX PRO 2015+ FM exciter bring more power, improved QSonicIII VCO/PLL subsystem and a number of hot new features, including remote control/telemetry, new alarms and ALC (Automatic Level Control). It covers entire FM band from 87.5 to 108MHz without tuning and offers 15W of clean RF power.
MAX PRO 2015+ was created as a smaller version of high-performance exciter board and is based on the simplified version of MAX PRO 6015+. The result is a rugged and solid FM exciter with completely flat power output across the entire FM band at up to 15W, designed to
run silently and cool 24/7. Why wait? Your dream FM exciter is a reality right now!
The exciter carries a one year limited warranty on parts and labor against defects in materials and workmanship, except the RF final transistor.
You can find the manual here.
What is new about version V2?
MAXPRO2015+ V2 has improved audio response. Especially the bass response and high frequency roll-off are now better. The same PCB is used, but component values have been changed to improve audio performance considerably.
Can you give a simple example of use?
MAXPRO2015+ is very easy to setup:
1. Install the board into metal enclosure
2. Set power limit jumper to desired setting with jumpers (you can select 1W, 2W, 3W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 7W, 8W, 9W, 10W….or 15W)
3. If not using LCD display set the frequency with DIP switch (otherwise you can use LCD display)
Connect antenna, audio input and supply voltage
5. You can change power with LCD display or with jumpers.
6. You can add stereo encoder, the best matching units are SE2000+ or SE5000 DSP+
How does it work with driving amplifiers?
MAXPRO2015+ is very easy to setup for driving a pallet amplifier:
– Set power limit jumper to desired drive power setting with jumpers (you can select 1W, 2W, 3W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 7W, 8W, 9W, 10W….or 15W)
– Connect the SWR and power reading voltage
to PWR and SWR pins
– Set the power
meter voltage sensitivity as you wish and the exciter will never drive your amp beyond preset value.
– You can also set amplifier power limit with LCD display (for example 500W or 1000W), exciter will make sure not to overdrive the pallet.
What parameters can I change via remote control?
Its best that you look at the screen capture below. The program may change over time as we make enhancements, we will be adding more features soon! Feel free to ask for any features you may want.
Can I upgrade my old CyberMaxFM+ 15W transmitter with this exciter?
Only if your old unit was based on MAXPRO3000, MAX PRO 2000 or older exciter. Note that MAXPRO 2015+ is slightly narrower so some tweaking may be needed. BNC and most of the screws are in the same position so tweaking shouldn’t be too difficult.
– RF Output Power: 0 to 15 Watts, power adjustment range can also be limited to
0-1W, 0-2W, 0-3W, 0-4W … 0-15W, 0-full, this is done with a jumper (exact options
vary depending on model).
– Output connector: either solder posts or BNC connector (ordered separately)
– Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
– Frequency range: 87.5-108MHz
– PLL Steps: 100KHz
– Frequency stability: +/- 20Hz
– Spurious/Harmonic rejection: Harmonics: >50dB, Spurious: -65dB
– Power Supply 13-15V/2.5A or car battery
– Power connector: solder posts on the board
– Quartz Locked PLL Frequency Control
– Ultra Stable, Ultra Clean Output
– No Expensive Test Equipment Required
– Audio performance: Less than 0.1% distortion, 20Hz-75KHz
– RF output ruggedness: SWR protection
– Polarity protection, temp protection
– Pre-emphasis, 50uS, 75uS or none
– Audio Input Impedance: 1Kohm, unbalanced
– Audio Input Level: 0 dB
– S/N ratio: >90 dB
– PC Board Size: 90x125mm
– Audio connectors: 2-pin header or solder posts
– RF monitor: solder pads
What is the Predrilled LCD front panel?
– This is a rectangular piece of aluminum with predrilled holes for LCD display, buttons and LED diodes. It also has 4 holes in the corner so you can easily mount this to your case. This makes it much easier to mount the transmitter into a nice looking case (eliminates the hard work with the LCD). This is of course an optional item.
What is the IO board and why do I need it?
IO board is required, if you want to control MAXPRO2015+ remotely via USB.
It plugs into the LCD control module. USB cable is not included.
What is the Software+ USB IOBOARD for changing LCD text?
This is a combination of special unlocked version of software and USB IO board,
which is required to control MAXPRO2015+ remotely via PC. It plugs into
the LCD control module. Software lets you change welcome text (logo); you can
replace that text with your company name for example. Your customized text will
be saved and used at every power-up. This is of course an optional item.
To look for a suitable antenna check: here.