Boost your VHF TV transmitter to 600W of RF output power
High quality professional VHF TV linear amplifier covers 170MHz- 230MHz without tuning. Requires 3W RF power for 600W output (250W 8VSB @ -40dB shoulder). Power supply required 1200-1500W/48V. Extremely linear operation of this amplifier makes it perfect for small TV stations. Everything is assembled and tested.
- Frequency band: 170-230MHz BAND III VHF
- 300W average digital power in 8VSB
- 250W DVB-T
- 600W peak-sync analog
- 21 dB gain typical
- Power Req. 50 volts @ 24A+
- Temperature compensated bias
- LDMOS NXP BLF188XR LDMOS Transistor
- Input power 3 watts Typical.
- Input return loss -16dB maximum.
- Compact size; LxWxH 2.75 x 5.75 x 1.5 inches
- All specifications are +/-5% and the digital output powers are without pre-correction Photo may slightly differ from the actual product as new versions are coming up.
BLF188XR is the newest member of popular XR family of RF power transistors for the toughest engineering environments
- Due to the High gain of this pallet, a good shielding between final stage and any driver/low power stage is required. Please foresee a good RF choke also on the supply wiring.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier; design of equipment where the amplifier will be mounted must foresee an appropriate protection circuits.
- Amplifier efficiency is function of supply voltage, in order to obtain max efficiency please reduce supply in function of desired output power. Generally best compromise between efficiency and harmonic emission, is obtained when the amplifier work at about 2-3 dB of gain compression.
- RF pallets are sensitive devices, if you do not have sufficient experience please consider a finished product instead. They can be burned by applying too much drive power, too high supply voltage, not using proper heatsink, using filter with unsufficient specifications, connecting mismatched loads or no load at all and also by soldering coax with too long leads. For this reason there is no warranty for any pallet. We do assure you that every pallet is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our workshop.