5W, all analog TV standards supported, UHF band
TVMAX5000+ was a great low-cost TV transmitter, but it had a few drawbacks.
This is why we decided to bring out a new model based on technology similar to our FM exciter boards!
Our new 5W UHF TV transmitter is your ticket into the world of TV. With support for remote directional coupler and RF power limit so you can build
100W, 200W, 500W or stronger TV transmitter. Build your own TV studio and broadcast
your own TV program! Transmit movies from your PC to your living room, re-transmit
the TV program you've never been able to receive in your valley, run a college
TV station, cover rural areas of Africa with TV signal from satellite stations,
run a hotel cable system info pages or just have fun... this unit will keep
you busy during the cold winter evenings and is sure to provide lots of fun
for many months to come!
Unit is available as a populated and tested board or a rack-mounted ready-to-use
transmitter. Rack mounted unit runs from 20-48V DC from mains power adapter. Optional
stereo encoder board plugs into the main transmitter board to provide stereo
sound and DSP processing for NTSC. Up to 5W of output power offers from several
hundred meters up to about 10km of range depending on antenna type used on transmitting
and receiving side. High-gain yagis on both sides might offer even more range
in favorable conditions.
Unit is rugged and comes with SWR protection, made for 24/7/365 operation. Each unit has a wide-angle high contrast back-lit LCD display. Output power and channel can now be adjusted via LCD module.
Look HERE for all manuals, drivers and support.
How is the TVMAX6005U+ different from the old and now obsolete TVMAX5000U?
- New LCD displays with rotary encoder and larger 4x16 type now supported
- Audio level displayed on the LCD
- Power level even over entire frequency band
- Improved on-board DCDC (works off 20-48V DC)
- LC video and audio filter for better picture/sound quality
- DIGIAMP interface for reading power, SWR, temp, current and voltage and for displaying it all on the LCD module
- Adjustable power limit (ALC) lets you limit amplifier output power, this is practical for driving
big amplifiers (same technology as used in MAXPRO FM exciters)
- Power limit jumpers let you limit output power of exciter, this is practical for driving
big amplifiers (1W, 2W, 4W, 8W)
- Slow power up ramp
- Power output equalized across the band
- New menu system, taken from our FM line (8015)
- Powered from 20-48V (requires 48V for full power)
- DSB AM modulation, universal all audio and TV standards
- Fits our new 19" 1H rack
- Built-in CPU for controlling and monitoring
- PC remote control via RS232, USB or Ethernet (requires IO board or ethernet
- It can now read POWER and SWR from external directional coupler (DIGIAMP),
it can also monitor amplifier temperature, voltage, current
- Adjustable TV channel (via LCD module with up/down keys)
- Easily adjustable TV and sound standard (via LCD module)
- Built-in test signal generator
- Supports all world TV standards: All PAL versions, SECAM, NTSC
- TV Channels: All UHF (470MHz-850MHz in 250KHz steps)
- SWR and TEMP protection
- Stereo sound possible with plug-in board (NTSC)
- Friendly user interface
- Output power: 5W typ at UHF low band, adjustable from 0 to Pmax via
- Output power: Falling towards 0.5W at the top of UHF band, adjustable from 0 to Pmax via
- Output impedance 50 Unbalanced, VSWR less than 2:1 for full output
- Output connector BNC female ( rear panel )
- Frequency range: TV UHF band
- Audio connectors: RCA (cinch)
- Audio level: 1Vpp
- Video level: 1Vpp
- Audio input impedance: 10K resistive, unbalanced
- Pre-emphasis 50 or 75usec
- Regulated power supply: DC 20-48V/2A (more power at higher voltage)
- Weight: 0.8kg
- Dimensions: 100x125mm, same as TVMAX 5000+
- A fan is needed at all times (blowing across the board)
What is the DSP Stereo Encoder for USA/NTSC?
- This add-on card enables stereo sound, it was designed for NTSC system, used in USA and most of South/North America.
What is the external power/swr meter with DIGIAMP?
- This add-on card enables building strong TV transmitters, it is placed after an amplifier and makes it possible to show output power and swr on the LCD display of the transmitter. The add-on card connects to the TVMAX6000 via simple 14-pin DIGIAMP flat cable. Coming soon.
What is the USB IO board for?
- This add-on card lets you connect this transmitter to the PC via standard USB cable (not included). You can fully monitor transmitter via PC (power, frequency and other settings). 6-pin flat cable also connects BNC for Video and Audio inputs to TVMAX6000.
What is the Ethernet remote control module for?
- This add-on card lets you connect this transmitter to the PC via Ethernet network. You can control and monitor the status of your transmitter over Ethernet or Internet. Requires also USB IO board as it plugs into it.
What is the Predrilled LCD front panel?
- This is a square piece of aluminum with predrilled holes for LCD display, buttons and LED diodes. It also has 4 holes in the corner so you can easily mount this to your case. This makes it much easier to mount the transmitter into a nice looking case (eliminates the hard work with the LCD).
You can check all our TV antennas here.
We have also provided a number of TV antennas with 5 meters of coaxial cable
and installed connectors, they are all listed below. Of these antennas exterminator gives the most range, it only covers band III (175-225MHz).
To purchase coaxial cable and connectors for this transmitter look