New stereo encoder series with impressive 114x oversampling
SE8000 series stereo encoders feature a number of big enhancements and raise the bar considerably for stereo separation and audio excellence. The amazing sonic purity and clarity are sure to impress you. The new MPX multiplexer circuit is 114x oversampled and gives better stereo separation than anything else in its price range. Additional digital audio input completely eliminates any ground-loop problems. The new SE8000 series stereo encoder is an improved SE5000 DSP+ design.
You can find the manual for this (and other products) here.
How are SE8000 DSP+ better than SE5000 DSP+
– Much better stereo separation due to 114x oversampling
– On-board XLR connectors
– On-board USB audio interface
– Edge-mounted on-board MPX level trimmer, accesible from the outside
– Additional low pass filters and limiters
– On-board RF/LC filter and ESD protection
– Easy interfacing with new IO board and RDS (via flat cable)
– Integrated IO board also supports Ethernet now (requires Ethernet module)
– MAXLINK II support for no-soldering interfacing with MAXPRO8015
Can I replace my old SE5000 DSP+ with this new stereo encoder?
Yes, but the MONO and STEREO setting will be reversed. Also the size of the board has changed. But old LCD display software will work with the new SE8000. Also RDSMINI4000 will work in SE8000 DSP+.
– Audio Response: 10Hz-15KHz, DSP or LC filtered (as per CCIR standards)
– DSP: 24-bit Digital Signal Processor, Analog: LC filters
– 19KHz notch filter, >-60 dB typ
– Precise pre-emphasis, 50uS, 75uS or none
– Audio Input Impedance: 10Kohm, balanced or unbalanced
– Audio Input Level: 0 dB
– Distortion: <0.1%
– S/N ratio: >90 dB
– Separation: >60 dB typ. (much more than typical radio receivers can resolve)
– Pilot Frequency: 19 KHz, 114x oversampled MPX
– Output Impedance: 75 Ohms
– Power Requirements: 12-15VDC / 200mA
– PC Board Size: 100x120mm
– Audio connectors: all RCA jacks are mounted on the board, 3-pin jumpers for XLR balanced inputs, optional MCX or solder pads for MPX output
– Power connector: solder pads
– Output level: Ueff 1-4V adjustable with trimmer
What is the RDSMAX8000+ micro board?
This is a plug-in upgrade board for SE8000. It is simply plugged into it. Once connected the SE8000+ supports RDS (Radio Data System) functionality. This board also require IO board which makes it possible to program RDS with a computer via USB or RS232. Same IO board connects both to LCD and to RDS board.
What is the IO board (USB+RS232+3xBNC) with 2x 20cm 6-pin flat cable and why do I need it?
IO board is required, if you want to control SE8000DSP+ and RDS board remotely via RS232 or USB. It plugs into the LCD control module. RS232/USB cable is not included. It also serves to connect three BNC connectors to SE8000.
What is the predrilled LCD front panel?
– This is a rectangular piece of aluminum with predrilled holes for LCD display, button and LED diodes. It also has 4 holes in the corner so you can easily mount this to your case. This makes it much easier to mount the encoder into a nice looking case (eliminates the hard work with the LCD). This is of course an optional item. There are two models, one for small 2×16 LCD and the other for large 4×16 LCD.
What is the predrilled SE8000DSP+ back plate?
– This is a rectangular piece of aluminum with predrilled holes for XLR connectors, RCA connectors, IO board (3xBNC and USB, RS232). It also has 4 holes in the corner so you can easily mount this to your case. This makes it much easier to mount the encoder into a nice looking case (eliminates the hard work with the holes positioned exactly where the connectors are). This is of course an optional item.