RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM
The analyzer is designed for measuring SWR (standing wave ratio), return loss, cable loss, as well as other parameters of cable and antenna systems in the range of 100 kHz to 230 MHz.
A built-in ZOOM capability makes graphical measurements especially effective.
An integrated Time Domain Reflectometer mode can be used to locate a fault within the feedline system.
The following tasks are easily accomplished by using this analyzer:
- Rapid check-out of an antenna
- Tuning an antenna to resonance
- Comparing characteristics of an antenna before and after specific event (rain, hurricane, etc.)
- Making coaxial stubs or measuring their parameters
- Cable testing and fault location, measuring cable loss and characteristic impedance
- Measuring capacitance or inductance of reactive loads
RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM – Specifications
Frequency range: 0.1 to 230 MHz
Frequency entry: 1 kHz resolution
Measurement for 25, 50, 75 and 100-Ohm systems
SWR measurement range: 1 to 100 in numerical modes,
1 to 10 in chart modes
SWR display: numerical or analog indicator
R and X range: 0…10000, -10000…10000 in numerical modes,
0…1000, -1000…1000 in chart modes
– SWR at single or multiple frequencies
– SWR, return loss, R, X, Z, L, C at single frequency
– SWR chart, 20 to 500 points
– R, X chart, 20 to 500 points
– Smith chart, 20 to 500 points
– Return loss chart, 20 to 500 points
– TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer) chart
– Cable tools (loss and characteristic impedance)
Optional open-short-load calibration.
Non Volatile memory:
– 100 slots to save measurement results
– Connector type: N
– Output signal shape: square
– Output power: -10 dBm (at 50 Ohm load)
– Four 1.5V alkaline batteries, type AAA
– Max. 4 hours of continuous measurement, max. 2 days in stand-by mode when fully charged batteries are used
– When the analyzer is connected to a PC or a DC adapter with USB socket, it takes power from these sources
– 290×220 color TFT display
– 6×3 keys on the water-proof keypad
– Multilingual menus and help screens
– USB connection to a personal computer
Bluetooth Specification v.4.0 (BLE). Compatible with Android OS ver. 6.0 and higher. Analyzer AA-230 Zoom does not work through Bluetooth connection together with OS Windows and AntScope2.
Dimensions: 82 x 182 x 32 mm (3.2 x 7.2 x 1.3 in)
Operating temperature: 0…40 °C (32…104 °F)
Weight: 236 g (8.32 oz)
Warranty: 2 years
RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM is made in Ukraine.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM – How it works?
The structure diagram of RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM is located below:
Close look at the bridge
This is a diagram of the resistive bridge and its connection to the mixer:
RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM – In the package
RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM – Frequently asked questions
Q: The output RF level at the antenna connector of the AA-230 ZOOM is -10 dBm, which is quite low compared to many other instruments. Does it mean the analyzer will not operate properly with long cables?
A: No, the AA-230 ZOOM will work fine with long (hundreds of meters) cables. The analyzer has a very sensitive, narrow band input, so -10 dBm is much enough for accurate measurements, even after loosing a few decibels in a long cable.
Q: The specs say the AA-230 ZOOM has a square wave output, which means there are several frequency components (harmonics) in such a signal. Then, how the SWR and other parameters of my antenna are measured at a specific, single frequency?
A: Please look at the structure diagram of the analyzer. The instrument filters out all unnecessary frequency components, thanks to the very narrow band (several hundred Hz) filter.
Q: Is the AA-230 ZOOM sensitive to nearby repeaters or broadcast transmitters?
A: No, unless a high-power transmitter is operating closely at the same frequency you are trying to use the analyzer at.
Q: Can I charge Ni-MH batteries inside the analyzer?
A: No, please remove batteries from the analyzer and use a separate charger.
Q: Can I use Lithium-Ion batteries instead of alkaline or Ni-MH ones?
A: Most likely, you will burn the analyzer. Lithium-Ion batteries have an output voltage of about 3.7 V each: compare to 1.2 V for Ni-MH and 1.5 V for alkaline ones.
RigExpert AA-230 ZOOM. Downloads.
AntScope2 for your PC on Windows or MacOS:
- Click for downloading the latest version of the AntScope2 for your Windows PC.
- Click here for downloading the latest version of the AntScope2 for your PC on MacOS.
Flash Tool for Mac or Windows:
- Please download and run the Firmware update tool for Windows.
- Please download and run the Firmware update tool for MacOS.
User’s & Software Manuals:
- Click for opening the user’s manual in English.
- Click for opening the user’s manual in French.
- Click for opening the software manual in English.
- Click for opening the user’s manual in Dutch (thank to Pat ON2AD).
- Click for opening the software manual in English (thank to Pat ON2AD).
- Brochure for AA-230 ZOOM in English
We believe we have the Best prices on these units. If you can find a better price for RigExpert antenna analyzer somewhere please let us know, we will do our best to beat their price. You can order by scrolling to the bottom of this page, if you are a EU based customer please note VAT is not included. VAT registered EU companies do not pay VAT (contact us with your VAT ID code).
We are official distributor for RigExpert and also run full service center. We provide servicing/repairs for all RigExpert products! Contact us for a quote.
What is included with Rigexpert AA-230 ZOOM:
– Analyzer with regular alkaline batteries (batteries may not be included if there are issues with shipping )
– N male to SO239 female RF adapter
– English user & software manual
– Drivers and software are available online
– Soft case
Are you selling Smith or Polar chart version?
– All our RigExpert analyzers are non-US version (they have ability to display Smith Chart). You can download US firmware from RigExpert.com. Changing firmware does not void warranty.
Building amplifiers, transmitters, filters or other RF equipment? You will also need these:
RF HIGH POWER
10, 12, 17, 25,
50 ohm PTFE
High power fans
Mains power supply