A COMPLETE ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGE GETS YOU ON AIR IN MINUTES!
This package is based on our CyberMaxFM+ SE+ V3 rack mounted FM transmitter series for demanding broadcasters operating in the 87.5 to 108MHz band. It contains our reliable FM transmitter with optional DSP stereo and RDS, an antenna, coaxial cable and all connectors. A perfect FM transmitter for a regular licensed radio station, medium size radio station, campus radio or a religious radio. Also very suitable for Africa and other remote locations. Protected with Temp and SWR protection. The best value for your money.
– Excellent audio quality and stereo separation
– USB audio input for direct connection to PC or laptop
– High quality ESD protected RF hardened balanced inputs
– Enough power for up to 30km of range with good antenna and location on a mountain top
– Includes coaxial cable and antenna!
It is never easy to predict range. Exact range depends a lot on terrain configuration, type of antenna and especially the location of the antenna, coaxial cable quality and length and of course quality of receivers. Check this link to get a rough idea of factors involved.
– CyberMaxFM+ transmitter (MPX version, make sure to add DSP stereo and RDS options if you want stereo and RDS)
– An antenna (several choices below)
– 10m of coaxial cable with matching connectors installed
Note: This transmitter ships with different optional antennas:
Note: This transmitter ships with five optional antennas:
– Package A: 3/4 high gain 3/4 wave exterminator antenna with 10m of Belden H-2000 flex or equivalent coaxial cable and all connectors
– Package B: 1000W wideband GP antenna with mounting aid, easy to install and no tuning needed across the band, with 10m of Belden H500 or equivalent coaxial cable and all connectors
– Package C: One professional wideband dipole antenna with 10m of Belden H-2000 flex or equivalent coaxial cable and all connectors
– Package D: Two professional wideband dipole antennas with 2-way splitter with 10m of Belden H-2000 flex or equivalent coaxial cable and all connectors
– Package E: Four professional wideband dipole antennas with 4-way splitter with 10m of Belden H-2000 flex or equivalent coaxial cable and all connectors
|ERP* power (W)||Antenna type provided||Tuning and installation|
|Package A||omni-directional, tunable||~ 2000W ERP||3/4 Exterminator wave exterminator||Tuned in the factory, recommended SWR check after installation|
|Package B||omni-directional, no tune wideband||~ 1000W ERP||1000W GP antenna||No tuning, wideband, very easy to handle|
|Package C||omni-directional, no tune wideband||1000W ERP||1 wideband dipole||No tuning, high quality wideband antennas, very easy to handle|
|Package D||omni-directional, no tune wideband||2000W ERP||2 wideband dipoles||No tuning, high quality wideband antennas, very easy to handle|
|Package E||omni-directional, no tune wideband||4000W ERP||4 wideband dipoles||No tuning, high quality wideband antennas, very easy to handle|
*estimated radiated power, coaxial cable loss not taken into account
What parameters can I change via PC remote control?
Its best that you look at the screen capture below. The program may change over time as we make enhancements, we will be adding more features soon! Feel free to ask for any features you may want.
How do I wire up the transmitter, antenna and audio sources?
Look at the image below (click to enlarge) for an example of a nice radio station with some studio items. At the bottom of this page look for the links to other items that you can use to setup your radio station (WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN’T INCLUDED? and WHAT CAN I USE AS AUDIO SOURCE?).
What is RDS?
Data System, basically it displays station name and sometimes song name and similar information on a compatible radio receiver. Very popular in Europe, less so in the US. Requires connection to a PC at the time of programming, but retains settings even when powered off. RDS requires RDS upgrade option so be sure to add it, if you need it.
What is the Ethernet control module?
This optional add-on module lets you connect this FM transmitter to Ethernet. It lets you control frequency, power and RDS parameters from your PC remotely.
What is the Ethernet remote control module with IP audio for?
– This add-on card lets you connect this transmitter to the PC via Ethernet network and it also lets you receive IP stream. This is basically Barix IP module inside your transmitter. Can be used on its own to receive streamed audio. To use remote control and audio streaming requires Barix Extreamer on the transmitting side in your studio.
Basic Studio (mixer and microphone)
Save yourself some time and get studio package as well. Studio package A includes:
– 8-channel Behringer mixer (8 channels, 2 mic inputs with compressor, USB audio interface)
– Studio microphone with cable
– Microphone stand
Studio Package A
Save yourself some time and trouble and get studio package as well. Studio package A includes:
– AirLite USB mixer with Studio remote (8 channels, 3 mic inputs, 4 USB audio interface inputs and 1 VOIP input)
– 1x DJSTAR ECM-140 studio microphone
– 1x pro microphone stand
– Necessary cables (XLR etc) to connect mic, mixer and transmitter
Studio Package B
Save yourself some time and trouble and get studio package as well. Studio package B includes:
– AirMate USB mixer (8 channels, 3 mic inputs, 2 USB audio interface inputs and 2 telephone hybrid inputs)
– 2x DJSTAR ECM-140 studio microphone
– 2x pro microphone stand
– Necessary cables (XLR etc) to connect mic, mixer and transmitter
Important: Due to large size and irregular shape of these packages the website often gets shipping cost wrong. For exact shipping cost please contact our sales department, be sure to give them your exact address and they will quote you shipping. It also does not hurt to ask for a special discount.
Also recommended: We recommend AA-230 ZOOM antenna analyzer for checking SWR of the antennas. Grounding kits can be purchased here, they ensure lightning protection. They should be installed at the antenna (if needed, most dipoles are grounded anyway), at the tower base and at the point of entrance into transmitter building. Also use self-sealing tape which turns into rubber and protects against moisture from entering your connectors and coaxial cable.
WHAT CAN I USE AS AUDIO SOURCE?
– Your PC. Just plug audio cable into your sound card.
– CD player, MP3 player or any other music reproduction system
– Mixing board with microphone and other audio gear
WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN’T INCLUDED?
– Requires mains cable, which can be purchased in your country (each country has a different mains plug and we don’t carry all). This is standard cable used in your PC for example and its price is typically around 1 US$ or less. You can get it in any electronics store, such as radio shack, circuit city, any computer store etc. Mains cable simply plugs into the transmitter, just like it does with your PC, there is no soldering involved.
– Good taste for music and great skill to put together a program that will dazzle your listeners