DAB+ IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ALSO FOR SMALL RADIO STATIONS AND LPFM – HOBBY USERS
Based on stand-alone solution which receives ETI stream via Ethernet. This stream can be from Internet/Ethernet sources or created by you.
– Nominal Transmit Frequency: 176 … 239 Mhz
– Maximal Tramsmit Frequency: 400 MHz (with 1Ghz reference clock)
– Transmit Power: approximately -60 … 15 dBm
– Signal shoulders height: 54 dB (if TX power is 3 dBm).
– Drivers Installation Needed: NO
– Software Needed: NO (Only if you need to create ETI-stream yourselve, ODR-DabMUX is needed)
– LEDs That shows state: Yes (underflow, PLL-lock, link activity, fpga status)
– I/Q samples width: 18 bit
– Complex sample rate: 6144 kS/s.
– Input interface: 10/100 Mbit Ethernet
– External power: 5V / 1A (power consumption – is up to 700mA in old PCB versions, and up to 450mA in new one’s)
– Output RF connector: SMA-Female
The main point of creating this hardware – is to have possibility to create DAB stream without need of PC. So all CPU-intensive job, like: ETI-processing, Adding error correction codes, Adding Phase Reference, DQPSK, Fourier transform/COFDM and I/Q processing has been moved from the software to hardware part (into XC6SLX9 FPGA). After this changes been done, all what is needed – is ETI stream from the satellite provider or from ODR-DabMux sent by the TCP-connection to the board. Just set network parameters, point to the source of ETI-stream (ip and port), and set RF frequency and amplitude – and volia! There is also exciter info that describes how to enables SFN operationing by using various GPS
Requires ETI stream (computer running ODR-DabMUX somewhere connected to Internet or Ethernet). The audio is fed to this computer and it is this computer that creates the ETI stream. This computer can be anywhere connected to Internet, even on the other side of the world thousands of km far from DAB+ card.
How do I setup DAB+ radio?:
Step-by-step instructions are here: https://wiki.opendigitalradio.org/RaspDA
The exciter itself is configured via WEB interface (enter the IP address of the DAB+ exciter into web browser).
– DAB+ exciter board, new version (blue PCB)
– External GPS receiver with cable (for better accuracy)
– Power supply 5V 1A (EURO plug, 90-264V universal)
– Cool custom made small aluminum box
WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN’T INCLUDED?
– Output level is is very low, you will need an amplifier. Check here and here for solutions.
– An antenna, one of these is recommended:
– Coaxial cable such a this or this.
– ETI source. If you don’t have it you can use ODR-DabMUX (It may sound scary but you can handle it)
– Ethernet cable and access to local network or Internet with active ETI source
– Good taste for music and great skill to put together a program that will dazzle your listeners
FIRST POWER UP
– Connect antenna to DAB+ exciter board
– Connect Ethernet cable
– Connect +5V power supply
– If your network has gateway of 22.214.171.124 than the card will start transmitting stream from test source in Belgium. If not you will have to change settings.
– The IP of card is set to: 192.168.1.170 and network Gateway is et to 192.168.1.1. If your network setup differs you won’t be able to open config page, adjust your Ethernet adapter card gateway to 192.168.1.1. and you will be able to open card settings in web browser at: 192.168.1.170. Username and password are admin/admin.
– Read the manual for more info, it is available under Additional information tab above.