NO AUDIO OUTPUT (SOMETIMES)

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

FreeRadioSanDiego
New registered user
New registered user

Post by FreeRadioSanDiego »

Okay, here goes.

I have a MAX II stereo.

With an audio signal going into my left / right, I get nothing coming out onto a reciever located close by (but not close enough that it wouldn't work due to being too close).

The frequency I'm broadcasting at goes dead silent, all static being removed. So I firmly believe the txm is up and running, and at my desired frequency.

And once, I even had a friend there to verify, the record player I have plugged in as the audio input could be heard crystal clear on the reciever, then it was dead again.

I've turned the audio trimmer and power level about in every combination I can go.

Is there anyway to jumper around the audio limiter, as that might be my problem I'm guessing. Or can I test for voltage coming in from the audio source anywhere along the board?

I have a very important broadcast in a few days, and I'm about ready to start drinking heavily.

Okay, thanks guys.
FreeRadioSanDiego
New registered user
New registered user

Post by FreeRadioSanDiego »

Also, when I adjust the power on the board, I can hear the adjustment being made in the reciever. Nothing special.. just a slight popping noise from sliding the power around.

pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Check the wire that connects the
stereo encoder and the MAX RF board.

There might be a short somewhere.

Also check whether the power supply
wire is going to the stereo encored.

I'll contact you via email later and
see what we can do to avoid shipping back,
this is probably a very simple problem.