AM Max II as kit

Discussions regarding our AM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

jbprptco
New registered user
New registered user

AM Max II as kit

Post by jbprptco »

Mark, on your website in a comparison chart you show the AM Max II available as a kit, yet it doesn't show for sale in that form anywhere. Is it available as a kit, and, if so, at what price in US Dollars? I'm considering using your transmitter for part15 am broadcasting here in the US which requires placing the transmitter in a weatherproof enclosure on the mast just below the verticle antenna. This precludes the possibility of a vented fan. Will the transmitter operate alright under such a cicumstance? Using the 19 volt power supply with a 3 meter verticle antenna and an antenna tuner, can you roughly predict the signal distance? Thanks, JimB
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

It is not available as a kit.

I doubt you can run it as part 15 with 10W. Maybe with 100 times less than that.

Maybe someone else from the forum knows more about the limits in the US.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
jbprptco
New registered user
New registered user

Post by jbprptco »

Mark, I know that I'll be well exceeding part 15 power with 10 watts yet am willing to do it. I understand that the AM MAX II can be adjusted down to 100mw as is required here in US. I need to cover a 3 mile radius using a 3 meter verticle antenna and antenna tuner (MFJ 16010 which is capable of tuning any random length antenna to 50 ohm transmitter). Do you think I can cover that distance with such an antenna and the AM MAX II? And, what about that cooling fan? Need to be sure before purchase. Many thanks for your time and help. Jim B
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

I would turn down voltage to 15W, that will reduce power a lot.
I think it doesn't heat that much at such low power level so you can probably
live without a fan. But if that box stands in sunshine and gets hot... that's another
matter.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128