Noise problem solved

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

evanschuck
New registered user
New registered user

Noise problem solved

Post by evanschuck »

Hello everyone. Let me start by saying THANK YOU to everyone that has posted some tips for trouble shooting and solving the noise problem that can happen with the pci transmitters. I received my PCI MAX 2005 transmitter in the mail yesterday, and had it installed and ready to go in no time. However, my happiness was quickly turned to concern when I heard the most horrible noise on my signal. With no audio being fed to the transmitter, there was a very low noise and hum....and I started doing everything I could think of to try to solve the problem. After removing everything from the computer that could be sacrificed, the noise still existed, and just as strong. I assumed it was the power supply, and started thinking about removing the power supply from the computer case, and sitting it on top of the case, while shielding the case from the top with a sheet of lead. But before I attempted this, I did a few more test, and found that anytime an application called on the Pentium processor, the noise got worse...yes, even when the mouse moved. So, I decided to hit this forum and read everything that has been posted on this subject. I tried many of the suggestions, but nothing worked. When finally I found a post from another user that mentioned that he tried using a Celeron processor, and it worked for him. So, I dug out an old computer that I had been using for audio editing, with a Celeron processor, and put the transmitter in it. When I turned the transmitter on, with no audio, I was amazed.....SILENCE....PURE...CLEAN...FM STEREO!!! Amazing. I have to tell you that the PCI MAX 2005 is a great sounding little transmitter, and now I feel happy that I made the investment. So, now the fine people of Japan can hear ROCK AND ROLL with no HUM or NOISE!!!
Chuck Evans
89.9 FM GODZILLA
www.fmgodzilla.com