FCC unfair in LPFM rules!

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

RadioMan
Regular poster
Regular poster

FCC unfair in LPFM rules!

Post by RadioMan »

What do others think: It seems the FCC only gives LPFM's to religous organizations. What about non-religious or alternative?
rm
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

I only know of one station that isn't religiously funded. Plus the filing window thing really stinks. I was actually considering getting a license in Texas, but I missed the window. Retarded...
-empty-
RadioMan
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by RadioMan »

How would the FCC react if a "wicken" or "pagen" church applied?
(laugh probably)
RM
Mike1972
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Mike1972 »

Ive always thought an "agnostic evangelical" station would be a great idea :D

Ive suggested it to a couple of people here in Belfast but they said Id never get anyone to fund/sponsor it and I think Id sound a bit silly if I spent an hour on air explaining how flawed all religions were only to start asking for donations at the end of the programme :lol:
Black_Hawk
Compulsive poster:)
Compulsive poster:)
Location: Entering The Flags...but simply an arm wielding a sword signifying power

FCC ARBITRARY INCONSISTENCIES_HOWARD STERN VS OPRAH

Post by Black_Hawk »

Greetings all,
Here is a snippet of a correspondence i shared with Corporate Radio and TV Operatives.. re the FCC AND OTHER TOPIC ON A RAPP SESSION ..HERE GOES EXCERPTS

"Personally i think that the media is hypeing this a bit too much..Yes it is a embarassment to the Admin. overall and even more so a very MISREPRESENTATION OF TRUE THE TRUE AMERICAN spirit of a Melting pot of various Roots and Culture coexisting with the American Citizens of All races and ethnic backgrounds..>(note double positive points made..same thought expressed twice in a sentence..."TRUE AMERICAN spirit of a Melting pot of various Roots and Culture coexisting with the American Citizens of All races and ethnic backgrounds..)<
The Nick B massacre overshadows every allegation of maltreatment against any prisoner abuse in Irak...at least none was beheaded by American troops outside the BATTLE ZONE...That still does not make it right however,but one can easily analyze the Saudi 911 massacre carried out by a majority of Saudi Nationals..And in that scenario too one cannot Judge the WHOLE KINGDOM OF SAUDIA ARABIA has representative of Anti American Sentiment,even though i believe that they are manipulateing the Price of the Oil.

On a side swipe it would also be rather nice to have a similiar attention payed to prisoner abuse here stateside(State and local prisons).Just a thought..dont know if there is any wide spread abuse....You all have the time and money and resources to check it out.

I am quite sure that there would be a overwhelming understanding by a Majority of Folks Stateside that the Humiliation of all involved due to the exposure AND THE FACT THAT A VERY GOOD LESSON IS BEING TAUGHT TO OTHER FOREIGN NATIONS OF HOW A TRUE..THOUGH FAR FROM PERFECT...DEMOCRACY SHOULD BE PUT TO WORK FOR THE GOOD OF EVERYONE.AFTER ALL IT TOOK A WHILE AFTER 1776( 10 YEARS OR MORE) AFTER THE DECLARATION OF RIGHTS WAS LAID OUT.TO SEE ANY RESULTS OF DEMOCRATICY FAIR AND BALANCED..HOWEVER THAT WAS A QUICK TAKE BY SOME BACK THEN..FOLKS SUCH AS MYSELF STILL BELIEVE THAT THIS COUNTRY OF THE USA IS A EVOLVEING DEMOCRACY...STILL NOT ANYWHERE NEAR PERFECT..BUT HOWEVER CAPABLE OF BEING USED AS AN EXAMPLE TO OTHERS GLOBALLY..IT IS MY PERSONAL VIEW THAT THIS IS STILL THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD AND MYSELF AND OTHERS SHALL LEND A HELPING HAND TO ERRADICATE THE "BAD AUORA'S THAT PERMEATE THE GRASS ROOTS

So i would wanna suggest that whomever is involved be treated somewhat leniently..After all two other Major points were made from that exposure of Prisoner abuse in Irak.

The F.C.C and it's arbitary power of decideing what is indescent as opposed to what is NOT..There appears to be Three major areas of inconsistency and Hypocratic Laws...Namely F.C.C versus Howard Stern_Clear Chanell and also versus Oprah Winfrey which all was overshadowed by the Posting of Masked pictures of 'NAKED BODIES'..let strip away the Prisoner Abuse Ticker Tape Line...It all Boils down to Nudity on TV..However so far it seems to be both Politically and Morally correct for the F.C.C to turn a Blind Eye to such images shown on National TV...With not even Folks like O'reilly and all the Right wing 'DO GOODERS' haveing mentioned any thing about such unfair bias,other than Eric Burns and His Saturday afternoon show with Jane Hall,Pinkerton..Gabler..and who else of all...The self appointed Morality Police over at the F.N.C Cal Thomas...HA!!

Oh my gosh folks they slamm everyone includeing their counterparts over at FNC,..They do place some very interesting contrasting Angle of Views each weekly current events summary...I dont agree with every analysis offered by them...However once again that one Viewpoint of FCC's use of it's Arbitrary power grabbed my attention right away and really excited me..Stuff like that folks EXCITES ME.

Respects..Storminorm
If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers. - Thomas Pynchon..If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think they'll hate you. - Don Marquis..
DrSandi
New registered user
New registered user

No visible FCC bias for Big Jesus broadcasters

Post by DrSandi »

I've been involved in a LOT of LPFM applications and station construction. I have seen NO EVIDENCE of FCC bias in favor of religious broadcasters.

The real problem is that community groups that are not religious are not nearly as well organized as the Jesus Mob. The fish heads were out there rallying all their affiliated churches to sign up for LPFM well before the FCC announced filing windows. A FEW progressive groups and community organizations were also getting ready at the same time. But most of the people who were frozen out were busy boffin' the pup, completely unaware that there was even an LPFM window opening up in their state.

I've seen way too many postings from people in the past 3 years who want to know how to get their own LPFM license. HEY LOSERS, BUILD A TIME MACHINE, YOU ALREADY MISSED THE BUS!

The feeling I get from watching the FCC staff process LPFM, and now, FM Translators is that they're really sick of the fish heads ganging up to take over what's left of the FM band. But they are powerless to stop it. These church nazis have filled out their applications according to the law. Many times, they have done hundreds of them, but they generally take the time to get them right.

Meanwhile, a much higher percentage of the much smaller number of non-church applications have MAJOR FLAWS. The community applicants are not, generally, very well organized or detail oriented. And it shows on their incomplete, faulty or sometimes self-contradicting LPFM applications.

Fear the churches. They are very well organized and they are willing to jump through governmental hoops to get their FCC licenses. Community groups generally HATE governmental hoops and are usually very BADLY organized. THIS IS WHY THE FISH HEADS WIN. They do what they're asked to do, so they get what they want.

You want an LPFM license? Stop whining, go to the FCC website, learn the rules and get ready for the next round of LPFM applications. It probably won't be until at least late 2005 because of the backlog of FM translators and unfinished LPFM grants, as well as the expected Non-Commercial FM full power window that is expected within the next few months.

If you want a REAL RADIO STATION, figure out if your community has an open space in the 88-92 MHz band. This takes a consulting engineer or somebody who has the interference software that shows where there are still some holes in the FM band. Remember that a full power NCE FM license can be for as little as an LPFM station: 100 watts at 30 meters. But the rules are less strict for full power stations, so there may be a spot in your town, even if you can't find a hole for LPFM.

If you don't organize, you cannot compete with Big Jesus broadcasters. They are well funded, well organized, and extremely RUTHLESS!

Dr. Sandi