CCFT Inverter as a Capacitor Charger

This is the place where you can ask questions
related to schematics posted on our website
and request new schematics. We will try to post whatever is possible.

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Restorer
New registered user
New registered user

CCFT Inverter as a Capacitor Charger

Post by Restorer »

I have a TDK CXA-2090 CCFT Inverter board that I want to use as a DC -> DC voltage step-up, from 3 volts to around 150 volts, to charge a capacitor with. I couldn't find schematics, but the inputs and outputs are similar to the CXA-L10A, but without the number 4 pin. I've been able to successfully power a neon lamp, with the inverter providing 120V AC.

However, I'm very perplexed by the behavior of the output pins. They defy all the laws of electronics that I know (which probably means I need to learn more electronics!). Basically, a neon lamp will glow if only one lead is connected to the high output, with the other dangling free. Also, (and I can't explain this any way other than exactly how it happened) if I connect a wire, in this case with alligator clips one each end and 17.5" long including clips, then the low output will power the lamp as well. I don't necessarily need to know why this happens, but if you feel the need to enlighten me, please do. Really all I need is a way to charge a capacitor with this circuit, that will not overvolt the capacitor.

-Matt
drdeak
New registered user
New registered user

Post by drdeak »

17.5 " hey? Have you ever heard of an antenna?
If you want something in life that you've never had before,
Then you must do something in life that you've never done before!