My ex pirate station

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

DANCEFM
New registered user
New registered user

My ex pirate station

Post by DANCEFM »

I used to run a pirate station with my m8 dj snoopy,back in 1996.
In the UK the D.T.I are real tough on pirate radio stations.
When we first started out,,we brought a 1watt transmitter from a bloke we met over the cb,,it was a very dodgy tx,,and we had no end of problems with it,,looked like it was home built.
The ariel it came with as a bamboo stick with the inner core of rg58 coax wrapped round it in a coil.
Because we were new to the pirate radio scene,,,we didnt know what was the right gear to use.
Eventually it packed up,,,we found a site on the net,,were we got a 1watt tx kit.
It was a great transmitter,,,no drifting at all,,so good infact we upgraded to a 5watt mono tx,,,which we later brought a stereo encoder for.
Any way to cut a long story short,,,we were broadcasting for nearly 4 years,,,24 hours aday from thusday till sunday midnight.
When i went to the studio 1 night there was some police and some guys from the D.T.I there holding arieals and tracking equipment in there hands,,,by then they had already located the tx and turned it off,,,my m8 was already there being asked loads of questions....
:evil:
We were taken to court,,,fined £200 each and all equipment was siezed

Anybody else been caught ,,would like to hear ur stories :)
dance_fm2003
New registered user
New registered user

PIRATE RADIO

Post by dance_fm2003 »

M8 NICE POST, :o ,, DANCE FM SHOULD BE BACK ON-AIR THIS MTH :roll: TRY THE WEB SITE @ WWW.DFM.XRS.NET :)
greekflavour
Regular poster
Regular poster

Respect is the word

Post by greekflavour »

Hi mate if you have being active here you will probably reconise me.
i started as naive as possible but im getting there sooner or later.
im in london and pirate stations are jumping like masheroums just like me.
i decided to pissoff the only GREEK radiostation in the uk and make another one as an alternative to those who have to put up with the S*** the legal one is transmiting.
i have no intention of being rude or swearing the system and i definetly will not overide anybody elses frequency but i am keen to learn the tricks of the industry!!! i am not DTI IM JUST A BLOODY STUDENT with a hobby.
ive being told that as long as im polite and not agresive, do not scruble anybodies else frequency and transmite after 18.00 i shall be ok cos the DTI shut at 17.30 but i still dont think that is enough.
i know eventualy ill get cought but i want it to be atleast 6 months to a year before that happens
any suggestions to keep me low profile

thanks and respect
Toast
New registered user
New registered user

Re: Respect is the word

Post by Toast »

never say are we interfereing? you'll get everyone phoneing up down to bo peep whos lost her sheep because of your naughty radio transmission :P
Direct the signal away from London :lol: ask for a miracle
Last edited by Toast on Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StormiNorm

ONE OF THE MESSIAN DREADS

Post by StormiNorm »

http://www.fcc.gov/commissioners/powell/

Welcome to my Internet home page! I hope that you will find this site a valuable source of information about me and my capable staff, as well as the Federal Communications Commission and the significant work performed by its dedicated employees.

Best regards,
Michael Powell
=============
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/lpfm/index.html

This is what those long answers that you folks complain about helps to accomplish...Read for the latest news.TIMES ARE A CHANGEING FOLKS

Expatriate Rasataman..Yeah man...Dubbing is a must....And how Blessed can one be to be able to Sieze the Moment of utter pleasure and respects...And you all Racially and Biassed Pro _Lpfm supporters and Corporate Media are gonna try to intidmidate me as you all have tried in the past..NOPE...NOPE

a)First because i am Black..and secondly because i am a Immigrant that has tried a different approach other than shouting obcsenities at the FCC and other tried and tested futile attempts of breaking the LPFM Deadlock..Nope you all should now know better....Come on!!!Bring 'em on!

Nuff Raspects....Norm B.."Walk Good ALL"
Toast
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Toast »

thanks mister FCC :o
RadioMan
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by RadioMan »

somethig is fishy with that post
Black_Hawk
Compulsive poster:)
Compulsive poster:)
Location: Entering The Flags...but simply an arm wielding a sword signifying power

ASK CLEAR CHANELL COMMUNICATIONS

Post by Black_Hawk »

RadioMan wrote:somethig is fishy with that post
They now have to dole out some big funds...I feel so sorry for them