AM Antenna

Discussions regarding our AM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Austin Powers
New registered user
New registered user

AM Antenna

Post by Austin Powers »

Hi,

Antenna matching or making a working antenna for AM broadcast is the most difficult part of setting up an AM station.
There was this antenna; that I don’t say is the best, but rather that would make you get on the air quick with least technical effort. It mounts on a steel TV mast just like any TV antenna and that’s all you need to get on the air besides assembling the antenna itself.
No radials, RF ground, or any tuner, just a few feet of clearance around it.
But good things always DON’T last, and its price has skyrocketed making it unreachable to most pirates that need price conscious equipment as well as being technically friendly.
If you still can afford it, then good for you, but for me, I’ll just wait for my break to come either by finally making an antenna that won’t blow out the final, or for some supplier to start making commercial AM antennas at affordable prices. :cry:

Check it out at:

http://www.rayfield.net/isotron/ambroad1.htm

Anyone has an idea for Antennas? :-?

Regards,

73s
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

There are a few links in AM MAX product description.

BTW, AM MAX II is coming out in about 2 weeks...
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Austin Powers
New registered user
New registered user

O.K. Great !

Post by Austin Powers »

Hi Marko,

Great, I hear that you have fixed all the problems in the max I.
It will need some little effort, but I grew so lazy and dependant on commercially available equipment when building my FM station that I missed half the fun and the little challenge that comes with it !
Thank you for the antenna links.

Black_Hawk
Compulsive poster:)
Compulsive poster:)
Location: Entering The Flags...but simply an arm wielding a sword signifying power

Re: AM Antenna

Post by Black_Hawk »

Austin Powers wrote:Hi,

Antenna matching or making a working antenna for AM broadcast is the most difficult part of setting up an AM station.
There was this antenna; that I don’t say is the best, but rather that would make you get on the air quick with least technical effort. It mounts on a steel TV mast just like any TV antenna and that’s all you need to get on the air besides assembling the antenna itself.
No radials, RF ground, or any tuner, just a few feet of clearance around it.
But good things always DON’T last, and its price has skyrocketed making it unreachable to most pirates that need price conscious equipment as well as being technically friendly.
If you still can afford it, then good for you, but for me, I’ll just wait for my break to come either by finally making an antenna that won’t blow out the final, or for some supplier to start making commercial AM antennas at affordable prices. :cry:

Check it out at:

http://www.rayfield.net/isotron/ambroad1.htm

Anyone has an idea for Antennas? :-?

Regards,

73s
==============================

TAKE NOTE OF THERMOPILE SENSORS BELOW THE ANTENNA WIRES//TOWER...TRULY A CLOUD WARMER.

Then checkout the array on the following Jpeg

NOW THAT IS MY IDEA OF A AM ANTENNA ARRAY..TRULY MY IDEA OF CUMM TO ME BABY!!!
Austin Powers
New registered user
New registered user

Great SCOTT!

Post by Austin Powers »

I will work on it next weekend :o