Perfect automation software for the PCI Max

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

BigJimW
New registered user
New registered user

Post by BigJimW »

I found a real kick *beep* automation package for the PCI Max. It's called SAM (Streaming Audio Manager). Don't let the word "Streaming" fool you, although it IS designed for webcasters. It fully intergrates with WinAmp (and all DSPs for Winamp including the Compressor/Limiter DSP). This thing allows you to download fresh audio content (commercials, news, weather, interviews, music, etc) and the advanced ASQ language (not all that hard to learn) lets you set up a totally automated system that dynamically broadcasts audio when YOU want it to. You can schedule playlists to play on certain times (make your "Morning Fun Show" in the afternoon, but want it to appear as though it's being made in the morning? Well, you can, and have it play automatically at 6:00 AM if you want!

This thing is, well, in one word, excellent! Right now, my broadcast has classical music (I'm working on "Beethoven Hour" as an event) and now have news and weather on the top of each hour, commercials that stream at just the right time (I know how much we hate commercials!), but I actually don't MIND commercials added, because it just makes it sound even more professional!

Best of all, it's FREE! You gotta check it out! I'm not kidding.

http://www.audiorealm.com

No, I don't work for them, but I don't mind plugging them, especially since this software is so advanced and compliments the PCI Max so well, I just couldn't keep it to myself! :smile:

Jim

wootzer
New registered user
New registered user

Post by wootzer »

Hey.. I was just wondering, how do you implement the weather and news? I am really interested in an automated solution..
thanks