My kite idea!

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Drummer
New registered user
New registered user

My kite idea!

Post by Drummer »

For all you people dissing it, it worked, and I got over 19 miles out of it. (+/-) I simply hooked a few hundrded feet of the cable and taped it to the kite, and added a little yagi antenna on the end.. Yes, im surpised too.
Titanium
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Titanium »

What coax did you use to make the kite light enough to lift off the ground?

it certainly wont have been RG8 or 213, low loss stuff weights a tonne!!! :lol: :lol:

if you used 58 you probably lost 50% power through the coax so height gained would have been severely comprimised by RF power lost i'd imagine.
Pigmeat
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Pigmeat »

A friend of mine did something similar back in the late 80's on MW in the states. Used a bunch of helium filled party balloons and thin wire from an old TV transformer. Fed it at the bottom with twin lead and a homemade tuning coil coupled to a makeshift ground system. Had a full halfwave antenna for 1620 khz. lofted in the air that way. The wind caused it to slant a bit but he was heard all over the eastern USA and Canada on roughly 25 watts with a nice signal in the late evening hours that night.
Arrrrh!!!
Black_Hawk
Compulsive poster:)
Location: Entering The Flags...but simply an arm wielding a sword signifying power

THE CODY KITE ANTENNA

Post by Black_Hawk »

HERE IS ONE IDEA IF YOU FOLKS ARE FOR REAL AND NOT JUST BLABBER
Black_Hawk
Location: Entering The Flags...but simply an arm wielding a sword signifying power

THE INDIAN SPIRIT ANTENNA KITE

Post by Black_Hawk »

HERE IS ANOTHER IDEA
If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers. - Thomas Pynchon..If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think they'll hate you. - Don Marquis..
Black_Hawk

THE SCHEMAT_AERIAL FEED

Post by Black_Hawk »