Question about the red light on the 15w FM Booster

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

Question about the red light on the 15w FM Booster

Post by Ian Kogneato »

Before my PCI Max 3000 arrives from ebay, I decided to power up my 2005 card. It works just as good as always.

Today, I decided to power up my FM booster too. I haven't used my 15w FM Booster in about ten years. There's no dust on the unit and it's been kept well protected.

I purchased my 15w FM booster just before the digital units were available. My unit has the adjustable switch on the outside and also includes the fan inside for cooling.

I noticed that after I turn the dial and get power past 5w, the red light starts to glow a little and if I power it up even higher than 5w, the red light becomes brighter.

My SWR meter shows a good reading of less than 1.5. I use high grade cable ( RG 213 and it's 30 feet).

I've lowered the volume to see if this would reduce the red light. It didn't. I switched to "mono" and the red light became a little brighter.

I no longer have any PDF manual for this unit, but I downloaded the 15w digital manual (to check to see if there was any trouble shooting information). I wasn't able to find any answers about my older unit.

Back in 2006, I probably used the 15w FM booster for a total of 10 - 12 hours. I've taken good care of it (not kept in extreme weather climates over the years or sitting out collecting dust). The fuse still looks good too.

Is there anything I have overlooked? If there are any other suggestions, I would be thankful for any ideas.

Thanks.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

I would not worry about it.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Ian Kogneato
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Ian Kogneato »

That's great to hear. I had forgotten how much fun it was to broadcast a little further beyond (mine is automated and I can drive around and listen). Thanks for the good news response!