CyberMax 15+ questions...

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Radiofan
New registered user
New registered user

CyberMax 15+ questions...

Post by Radiofan »

I bought my first PCS unit on eBay last week. I have the CyberMax 15+ and I have it on air now, but have several questions. Being a perfectionist, I'm looking for the best signal/audio I can achieve. For info, my unit has the MaxPro 3+ V2 and the SE4 DSP+. I am running Sam Party DJ and have tried it with various AGC settings and also tried the SoundSolution DSP plug-in. Now for the questions...

1. I get a fault light and lose the signal intermittently when I raise power to about halfway. Fan is working, and unit does not feel too hot, but I suspect this as I have a tuned Comet 95 antenna. I have not checked SWR as I currently do not have a meter, but antenna is tuned per instructions. What could be the problem and fix?

2. When I set audio level to close to that of other stations (with limiter set to -18dB threshold and fast attack/decay times), anf AGC working,I get a sputtering sound low in the background (very noticeable with one channel audio off on that channel, but present on both channels). Is this the PLL lock acting up a bit? How can I correct this? Lowering audio level does stop the sputtering noise, but audio level ends up considerably lower than other stations...

3. When I attempt to adjust the Pilot phase and separation per instructions, I can not hear any change at all. Is this normal?

I may have more questions, but that's it for now. Just trying to make a good product sound as good as I can!

Thanks,
Joe
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

First, you have an old unit, for years now our units are now equipped with MAX PRO 3000+,
which is a much better FM exciter.

Also, SE4 stereo encoders have been replaced with SE5000 DSP+, which is 2 generations ahead
of SE4 and needless to say also much better.

Still, you can have lots of fun with our old unit. The problem with power cutting out is due to
SWR, your antenna is not tuned properly. SWR protection is cutting power out and saving your
final from destructions. Thanks to this your unit survived all these years of abuse :)

Get your antenna right and you should have lots fun!

If you want to maximize performance get the new 25W model just released yesterday:
http://www.pcs-electronics.com/cybermax ... -1616.html
This is using our brand new FM exciter MAX PRO 4025+ with new QSONIC PLL/VCO, the
best thing we designed to date, amazing performer.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128