PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
CCFT Inverter as a Capacitor Charger

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Schematics - help and ideas View previous topic
View next topic
CCFT Inverter as a Capacitor Charger
Restorer
New registered user
New registered user

Post CCFT Inverter as a Capacitor Charger Reply with quote
I have a TDK CXA-2090 CCFT Inverter board that I want to use as a DC -> DC voltage step-up, from 3 volts to around 150 volts, to charge a capacitor with. I couldn't find schematics, but the inputs and outputs are similar to the CXA-L10A, but without the number 4 pin. I've been able to successfully power a neon lamp, with the inverter providing 120V AC.

However, I'm very perplexed by the behavior of the output pins. They defy all the laws of electronics that I know (which probably means I need to learn more electronics!). Basically, a neon lamp will glow if only one lead is connected to the high output, with the other dangling free. Also, (and I can't explain this any way other than exactly how it happened) if I connect a wire, in this case with alligator clips one each end and 17.5" long including clips, then the low output will power the lamp as well. I don't necessarily need to know why this happens, but if you feel the need to enlighten me, please do. Really all I need is a way to charge a capacitor with this circuit, that will not overvolt the capacitor.

-Matt
Wed May 07, 2003 8:50 am View user's profile Send private message
drdeak
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
17.5 " hey? Have you ever heard of an antenna?

Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:52 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Schematics - help and ideas All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: