Swr and pa stage query

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damo666
New registered user
New registered user

Swr and pa stage query

Post by Damo666 »

Hi.I have a 30 watt transmitter from vr and am quite concerned about something that happened last night.I was feeding the 30watt pa into a 50 watt rated dummy load for about 10 mins and heard a couple of resistors falling out of the pcb due to the solder melting(in the dummy load)..I opened the dummy load up and found 4 resistors had come away, and only 5 resistors where still actually connected in parallel.The resistors are all 470 ohms.Will this of damaged my tx in anyway? It still appears to be working but i'm afraid i might of damaged something.By the way, the final transistor in this is a 2n6084.Are these quite rugged? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

The mentioned transistor is ancient, not produced for many years. It was in fact already
becoming obsolete back when I was in high school.

However, it is probably still fine.

This can be used to make SWR protection, if your amp comes with bias disable point.

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/1000w-ou ... -1116.html
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Damo666
New registered user
New registered user

" "

Post by Damo666 »

Hi.First of all i'd like to apologise about the layout of this text as it's being posted from a mobile phone.Secondly, the 2N6084 is still "WIDELY AVAILABLE" from numerous rf component suppliers in the UK, Europe and various other parts of the world.Can anybody further on my query if possible please? Many thanks in advance.