no output power on pci max 2007

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

socrats
New registered user
New registered user

no output power on pci max 2007

Post by socrats »

hi,my pci max was working good until today.........no output power.....just a noisy fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.......change the slot is the same,looking to anything burnt and nothing......any help please!
Denizzje
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Denizzje »

I see you were going to use an TV antenna to transmit... I hope you did not use full power on the included antenna or the TV antenna? Otherwise you could have blown up something on the card.
socrats
New registered user
New registered user

Post by socrats »

its working now! now i have a dipole antenna but the connector is a Pl259 and i don't have any adaptor to use ,any suggestions?
Dreammachine-Radio
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Dreammachine-Radio »

socrats
New registered user
New registered user

Post by socrats »

its not working again.....just a noise beat,but not music beats...and i m using the little antenna.
Dreammachine-Radio
Regular poster
Regular poster

socrats wrote:its not working again.....just a noise beat,but not music beats...and i m using the little antenna.
Do you have broadcast signal? on your radio from a distance
Is your audio cable ok
Do you use a un stabalized power supply ( you need a stabalized power supply )

Can you check this.
socrats
New registered user
New registered user

Post by socrats »

Hi,yes, the red led is on,the only signal is that noise beat......and no power supply.Its any way to see if the card is blown?its very strange.....i think
Dreammachine-Radio
Regular poster
Regular poster

socrats wrote:Hi,yes, the red led is on,the only signal is that noise beat......and no power supply.Its any way to see if the card is blown?its very strange.....i think
Can you disconnect the audio cable and see if your strange noise is gone? on the radio.

What card do you have ( 500mw/1000mw/2000mw/2500mw)

Based on your answer i assume you have a radio signal on a transistor radio in another room of your building.

Maybe Marko, can give some comments based on the problems you have.
socrats
New registered user
New registered user

Post by socrats »

hi,its 1000mw card i buy from you in the used corner and without audio cable is the same noise,but now its a fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Dreammachine-Radio
Regular poster
Regular poster

socrats wrote:hi,its 1000mw card i buy from you in the used corner and without audio cable is the same noise,but now its a fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Reading al your post here, you did use an TV 75omhs antenna on a 50ohms transmitter, this causes problems on your transmitter.

I think by using an antenna not suitable for this transmitter and using cables wired together is damaging your transitor.

What power supply did you use on this pci card (12-15V stabilized power supply is adviced)

Thats why i think your have this strange noise.

My conclusion is that your transitor is toasted, defect.
socrats
New registered user
New registered user

Post by socrats »

the power supply its 15v 1.5A but never used before,just to test the new antenna and the antenna i have is this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TUNED-87-108MHz-F ... 18Q2el1247

so....its better give up....or the card can be fixed?

By the way,the tv antenna just work a bit just to test.I just transmit 3 hours on the weekend days...maybe the card have 8 hours total working and i have a fan blowing air trough the pci card.....

Thanks!