Live Radio Equipment...

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

ATHR
New registered user
New registered user

Live Radio Equipment...

Post by ATHR »

Hi, I don't know if this is the right spot to post this, but I own a internet radio station, which soon to be FM, and me and my asst. manager are talking about doing live broadcasts and stuff.

One of the biggest questions is what do I need to use when I want to broadcast to the studio live from another location?
I know some stations use their cell phones, and some use live equipment.

I did have another idea, which I don't know will work so well, broadcasting through internet from another location to a server, and Sam Broadcaster will pick it up. (This is something I'm still working out)

But I just need to know what do I need to use to broadcast live from another location to a studio.
Dreammachine-Radio
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Dreammachine-Radio »

Hi,

I advice the following:

Studio Sam Broadcaster
De-central location Sam Broadcaster ( anywhere in the world)

Make your session (show) from your De-central location with Sam Broadcaster and use upstream ( shoutcast Icecast server) trough the internet.

On your studio location use Sam Broadcaster ( with suitable Pal script ) to pic up the Ip adress stream from De-central location and send it trough the Air.

After your show from De-central location stops, the Sam Broadcaster program on the Stuido site will re-broadcast the master program.

So what you need:
2 license of Sam Broadcaster
Internet connection
Ice cast or shoutcast server software ( free to download)
Pall scripting experiance
Fm transmitter and antenna on the Studio Base location to send the program ( anywhere from the world) in your local area.

Thats it. =D>