PCI MAX 2007 Quit

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

dj3fires
New registered user
New registered user

PCI MAX 2007 Quit

Post by dj3fires »

I got the PCI MAX 2007 to work, and it worked well for awhile, now I have the error- Unable to open PCI Max error maessage and Acess violation error message. I tried the Trobleshooting fix. I did the install.bat thing, but I don't have another slot to try. I have only had the PCI Max card and this computer for about a month. The red light used to be
on, but now it is not on. any suggestions? UPDATE I had a good friend let me try PCI MAX card in his computer, but it would not even see the card had been installed. When the card was first installed in my computer the red light was on all the time, with power on and power off. Is this correct for it to do? Now the light does not come on at all.
Last edited by dj3fires on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ivan
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Ivan »

I have exactly the same problem, did you already solve it? What was the problem?
Thanks for your response
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Well, I spoke to several canditates today (we are deciding which coder to hire for
our new driver) and it seems this is probably a change of IRQ after the reboot.

Motherboard/BIOS/operating system can assign another IRQ to the card after
reboot and if the driver isn't designed to cover for such cases it looses control
over the card.

We're working on it and the next driver will not be just a fix, it will be
re-coded completely. I also expect an API so anyone will be able to use it in their
programs easily by calling the driver with frequency, rds parameters etc.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Ivan
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Ivan »

First of all, I mailed a lot with Marko and he delivers great and fast support.

Like mentioned before, when starting the PCImax software I had also the message "Failed locking device"
I tried uninstalling, reinstalling the software, deleting the card in the devicemanager, let windows re-detect the card, cleaned the registry with a procedure I found here on the forum, changing PCI slots but nothing helped.
Because I could not solve the problem, I completely reinstalled the pc. I had a masterbackup so it was fast done. I had back a clean windows with nothing else installed. So the first thing I did was installing the PCImax software, powered down the computer and putted the PCImax card back in. But, no luck. Still exactly the same error.
Beginning to think the card is broken, my final option was to install the card in another pc. And guess what, it worked immediately. I was happy, mi PCImax was not broken.

For me the problem was solved, I work in the computer bussiness so a broken pc is not that big problem. The most important is that I was back onair. My guess was that my PCI port on my systemboard has blown.

Because Marko thought it was a driverissue, related to irq's changes, and to help Marko back, (he really helped me a lot) I tried the broken pc again. I tried with an ordinary network card, and you know what, it worked without a problem. So I took the PCImax card back from the working computer and putted it back in the bad pc. Even in the same PCI slot. I did not care to re-install the drivers because they where still on the computer since my latest tests.
Amazingly enough, the card was recognized directly and worked without any problem.
I restarted several times and the card keeps working.
Marko thought (in fact he was pretty sure) all the time it was an driverissue, and he was so right.
PCS has not only great products, but they give also very good support.
My advice is in case of a problem, ask Marko and trust him, he knows his business.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

OK, based on some of our observations we have a new driver out.

It seems we found the reason for problems with the drivers. Card would
sometimes change its PCIID code, usually after a reboot. We have tried
to find a software solution for the problem, new installation should cover all
bases. If at some point computer fails to find the card simply try to run one
of the other available icons (there are four pcimax exe files in the installation
folder).
You can also rerun the installation to see how that works out for you.

I hope some of you guys will try it out and let us know if this fixes the
problem so we can package it into a single-file exe.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

The file is at:
http://www.pcs-electronics.com/software ... sta_en.exe
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128