Noise with bass frequence

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Noise with bass frequence

Post by omegalx13 »

hello, i'm french and i prefere write in french sorry :P Voila j'ai la PCI CARD 2007 et je rencontre un petit souci de modulation. En effet, avec un son compressé avec le plugin sous Winamp "Sound solution" j'obtiens avec un récepteur un léger son aigue accompagnant chaque "pics" de basses fréquences. Je n'ai pas de distortion que ce soit dans les aigues les médiums et les basses. Pas de fréquence pilote dérangée pas les aigues, donc un son clair, sans distorion. Cependant, lorsque l'on met que les basses par un filtre passe bas, un leger son (genre larsen) accompagne les pics de basses. J'ai essayé de réduire le niveau des basses mais il reste tout de meme présent et jaimerais conserver un niveau acceptable en basse comparé à d'autres radios commerciales. Dois-je le compresser d'avantage ? Ou bien un autre souci est-il présent ? Ce son aigue est largement masqué par le reste de la bande médium / aigue mais ce fait entendre lors de passage uniquement "boom boom". Merci d'avance pour vos réponses.
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post by omegalx13 »

J'ai relevé notamment ceci dans le forum :

"The old Ultra and 2004 had noisy audio and ringing noises on deep bass notes."

"The 2005 had cleaner audio and no bass ringing, but had incorrect preemphasis settings, making the audio sound strange."

Le souci serait réapparu la version 2007 ?? :cry:

thanks
klaas kramer
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by klaas kramer »

pci max ?
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post by omegalx13 »

yes of course PCI MAX RDS 2007 :P
klaas kramer
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by klaas kramer »

i don,t like to read this i thought it was almost perfect & was thinking to buy one.

Sorry i cannot help you i speak dutch & english
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post by omegalx13 »

okay sorry, for you, and other, i've some pics on deep pics bass with my pci max 2007. I've the same problem with a reduct level of bass but if i want a "like commercial radio sound", i didn't reduce a lot of bass for kill pics on deep bass... :( help me
klaas kramer
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by klaas kramer »

Do you use soundsolution xap ? from http://www.soundsolution.it/forum/ss_ve ... lone-b6.0/
it produces a real commercial sound when you using a good preset
( called BigBaw Killah preset )

you can download a winamp version
and a standalone version
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post by omegalx13 »

yes i'm using sound solution but i ve made my preset. I've an other problem with my driver "unable to open PCI MAX" error message :( Is not my day :(:(
klaas kramer
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by klaas kramer »

try the search function http://www.pcs-electronics.com/phpBB2/search.php

and search for : unable to open PCI MAX
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post by omegalx13 »

thanks but i found this night at 4 am !! with reboot, reinstalls, register...etc etc. it's ok but i ve always this ringing on deep bass. I must more compress this, i think, it's the solution....
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

I would say 2007 sounds pretty good and has best stereo separation of all models so far.
Also pre-emphasis can be set to 50 or 75uS, if needed.
There are occasional driver problems, though, and the number of card failures has been
higher than previous models due to move to lead-free process (damn EU bureaucrats).
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post by omegalx13 »

How can be set to 50 or 75uS ?

"There are occasional driver problems" ? Is for problems with the PCI port ? or the quality of modulation ? Is independant driver/sound ?
"the number of card failures has been higher than previous models due to move to lead-free process (damn EU bureaucrats)" So i can have a bad card ? :-?
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

There is a small solder bridge that can be used to enable 75uS. Without this bridge
active it is set to 50uS.

By the way, you could change preemphasis also for older models, there was a manual
for 2006 explaining how to change it. (pcimax2006 secrets revealed).

Pci driver problem means some people have trouble installing the card, nothing to
do with sound. I would say the pcimax 2007+ sounds pretty darn good.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post by omegalx13 »

"I have this transmitter working in stereo mode but when the music is playing, I can hear a noise that seems to increase especially with low frecuencies and disappears when the music stops. It appears to be as the PLL makes a phase correction."
I ve read this on this forum and its the same noise of me.

With a BF generator, i've localised the bass frequence for generate this noise : around 35 Hz. And with a equalizer, i ve cut around this frequence and lower.
Its better but i would like know how kill this noise... A bad capacitor like MAX PRO FM ?
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post by omegalx13 »

I think is near the pll 5526 philips but i would like to work with a schematic the find the "bug" to remplace a composant for a better value of this or simply a solder... I ve found the datasheet of this pll but is difficult for me :-? i thinks is near CP (pin 9) et Vtune (pin 10) with composant around to make V tune.
In progress...