PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
Noise with bass frequence

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters View previous topic
View next topic
Noise with bass frequence
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post Noise with bass frequence Reply with quote
hello, i'm french and i prefere write in french sorry Voila j'ai la PCI CARD 2007 et je rencontre un petit souci de modulation. En effet, avec un son compressé avec le plugin sous Winamp "Sound solution" j'obtiens avec un récepteur un léger son aigue accompagnant chaque "pics" de basses fréquences. Je n'ai pas de distortion que ce soit dans les aigues les médiums et les basses. Pas de fréquence pilote dérangée pas les aigues, donc un son clair, sans distorion. Cependant, lorsque l'on met que les basses par un filtre passe bas, un leger son (genre larsen) accompagne les pics de basses. J'ai essayé de réduire le niveau des basses mais il reste tout de meme présent et jaimerais conserver un niveau acceptable en basse comparé à d'autres radios commerciales. Dois-je le compresser d'avantage ? Ou bien un autre souci est-il présent ? Ce son aigue est largement masqué par le reste de la bande médium / aigue mais ce fait entendre lors de passage uniquement "boom boom". Merci d'avance pour vos réponses.
Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:08 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
J'ai relevé notamment ceci dans le forum :

"The old Ultra and 2004 had noisy audio and ringing noises on deep bass notes."

"The 2005 had cleaner audio and no bass ringing, but had incorrect preemphasis settings, making the audio sound strange."

Le souci serait réapparu la version 2007 ??

thanks
Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:42 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
klaas kramer
Regular poster
Regular poster

nl.gif

Post Reply with quote
pci max ?
Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
yes of course PCI MAX RDS 2007
Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:37 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
klaas kramer
Regular poster
Regular poster

nl.gif

Post Reply with quote
i don,t like to read this i thought it was almost perfect & was thinking to buy one.

Sorry i cannot help you i speak dutch & english
Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:01 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
okay sorry, for you, and other, i've some pics on deep pics bass with my pci max 2007. I've the same problem with a reduct level of bass but if i want a "like commercial radio sound", i didn't reduce a lot of bass for kill pics on deep bass... help me
Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:48 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
klaas kramer
Regular poster
Regular poster

nl.gif

Post Reply with quote
Do you use soundsolution xap ? from http://www.soundsolution.it/forum/ss_version_20_soundsolution_xap_stand_alone-b6.0/
it produces a real commercial sound when you using a good preset
( called BigBaw Killah preset )

you can download a winamp version
and a standalone version
Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:53 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
yes i'm using sound solution but i ve made my preset. I've an other problem with my driver "unable to open PCI MAX" error message Is not my day
Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:15 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
klaas kramer
Regular poster
Regular poster

nl.gif

Post Reply with quote
try the search function http://www.pcs-electronics.com/phpBB2/search.php

and search for : unable to open PCI MAX
Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:09 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
thanks but i found this night at 4 am !! with reboot, reinstalls, register...etc etc. it's ok but i ve always this ringing on deep bass. I must more compress this, i think, it's the solution....
Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:29 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post Reply with quote
I would say 2007 sounds pretty good and has best stereo separation of all models so far.
Also pre-emphasis can be set to 50 or 75uS, if needed.
There are occasional driver problems, though, and the number of card failures has been
higher than previous models due to move to lead-free process (damn EU bureaucrats).

Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
How can be set to 50 or 75uS ?

"There are occasional driver problems" ? Is for problems with the PCI port ? or the quality of modulation ? Is independant driver/sound ?
"the number of card failures has been higher than previous models due to move to lead-free process (damn EU bureaucrats)" So i can have a bad card ?
Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:32 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post Reply with quote
There is a small solder bridge that can be used to enable 75uS. Without this bridge
active it is set to 50uS.

By the way, you could change preemphasis also for older models, there was a manual
for 2006 explaining how to change it. (pcimax2006 secrets revealed).

Pci driver problem means some people have trouble installing the card, nothing to
do with sound. I would say the pcimax 2007+ sounds pretty darn good.

Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:08 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
"I have this transmitter working in stereo mode but when the music is playing, I can hear a noise that seems to increase especially with low frecuencies and disappears when the music stops. It appears to be as the PLL makes a phase correction."
I ve read this on this forum and its the same noise of me.

With a BF generator, i've localised the bass frequence for generate this noise : around 35 Hz. And with a equalizer, i ve cut around this frequence and lower.
Its better but i would like know how kill this noise... A bad capacitor like MAX PRO FM ?
Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:25 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
omegalx13
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
I think is near the pll 5526 philips but i would like to work with a schematic the find the "bug" to remplace a composant for a better value of this or simply a solder... I ve found the datasheet of this pll but is difficult for me i thinks is near CP (pin 9) et Vtune (pin 10) with composant around to make V tune.
In progress...
Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:00 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: