Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Off topic! View previous topic
View next topic
I got a call in phone!
SpeedFreakIan
New registered user
New registered user

us.gif

Post I got a call in phone! Reply with quote
I had to get it from T Mobile, because they don’t ask for a name. So it can’t be traced back to me! But, I have a slight problem. There’s no reception in my studio! (I just love how it’s underground!) So what I’m thinking is I’ll build myself an antenna with ground radials and everything, and put that outside my studio. (My other problem is, my phone has no RF input.) So, I’m thinking a coil of wire rite next to the cell phone on the other end? Or do I ground the battery’s ground prong to the antenna’s ground, and put the same sort of antenna on the cell phone end as what’s in the tower? Or am I totally crazy, and I just need to buy another RF amp for the darn phone?! What do you guys think?
Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:10 am View user's profile Send private message
5r

us.gif

Post Re: I got a call in phone! Reply with quote
SpeedFreakIan wrote:
I had to get it from T Mobile, because they don’t ask for a name. So it can’t be traced back to me! But, I have a slight problem. There’s no reception in my studio! (I just love how it’s underground!) So what I’m thinking is I’ll build myself an antenna with ground radials and everything, and put that outside my studio. (My other problem is, my phone has no RF input.) So, I’m thinking a coil of wire rite next to the cell phone on the other end? Or do I ground the battery’s ground prong to the antenna’s ground, and put the same sort of antenna on the cell phone end as what’s in the tower? Or am I totally crazy, and I just need to buy another RF amp for the darn phone?! What do you guys think?

your problem can be resolved with two antennas. outside antenna has to be directional and directed at the base station. the inside antenna has to be omni directional. There are many calculations to be considered with this approach, but it works really great. i Ive done this at my friends house (he had no GSM reception in the house), works like magic

Peter
PCS team
Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:17 am View user's profile Send private message
Sir Nigel

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
My father purchased a mobile amplifier for is car that words great. I can't remember who make it, but it's got an aeriel you attach to the roof of the car and another one to be used within 3 feet or so of the mobile.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:17 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
5r

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
Does it actually have an amplifier or it is just a system of antennas?

Peter
PCS team

Last edited by 5r on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:37 am View user's profile Send private message
Sir Nigel

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
It's an amplifier. Here's a link to a site that seems to offer the one we've got here.

We used it on a road trip to boost our mobile internet access and it worked well. Cingular here in the States offers high-speed internet which my dad's got access to built-in his laptop. However, when you're moving in a car and hopping from tower to tower the internet kept reverting to a slower service if the signal got weaker, but this solved that problem most of the time.

It also worked for us to get internet in a rent home in the mountains of Colorado. Without it there was little to service, but with it we would get about 3-4 bars out of 5 if memory serves me right.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:15 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
5r

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
I ve calculated pasive system and I tried it with a friend of mine in his house. Result was amazing. I ve even made a paper about it for my school.

Peter
PCS team
Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Off topic! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: