Limiter plus From BW (Soundprocessing)

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

klaas kramer
Regular poster
Regular poster

Limiter plus From BW (Soundprocessing)

Post by klaas kramer »

is this a good soundprocessor ?
is not boxed it is a kit
Last edited by klaas kramer on Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grogster
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Grogster »

It certainly works OK(I have tinkered with one, owned by my boss), however, you can only select between two operational modes: Loud or Clarity. While this is very, very simple, and exceedingly easy to setup, there is little other control over how it operates.

This is probably fine for most people and most setups.

HOWEVER, after lengthy e-mails with PCS, I would reccomend you buy the PCS SE4+ stereo encoder.

My reason for saying this, is that you can alter the compressor settings via the LCD, which is an excellent feature.

Have a look at the manual for this unit - you can alter all the major functions of how the compressor operates, which will allow you to customize your final output sound much more then the BW will allow...

Yes, the SE4+ is more expensive then the BW LimiterPlus unit, however, I do beleive that you get what you pay for!!!!
:lol:

Keep in mind too, that the SE4+ audio circuit uses DSP(Digital Signal Processing), which, essentially, is a dedicated micro-computer-based way of controlling the audio and how it sounds, and this level of flexibility is almost impossible to do with analog compession/limiting, so it is a much better way of controlling the audio - full stop.

If you are on a tight budget, the LimiterPlus should suffice, however, I myself feel that adjustment in a compressor/limiter is essential, which is why I personally prefer the PCS unit.

Hope that helps(or maybe confuses!) you a little.
:)
klaas kramer
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by klaas kramer »

i have a CYBER MAX FM 40W With se4+ and rds

my transmitter still haves overshoots and the rds doesnt work when my sound is loud

BW says : The Limiter plus is a stereo deviation limiter
maybe this gives a full protection for overmodulation (75 KHZ)
klaas kramer
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by klaas kramer »

the limiter on the Se4+ is just a DB Limiter. I need a limiter that keeps the audio in the 75 khz bandwich.
A full Protection.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Issue was resolved by following a mod described in instructions :)
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128