Irish Pirate! Aargh!

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

klubfm
New registered user
New registered user

Irish Pirate! Aargh!

Post by klubfm »

Talk to you all soon!
Ive gotta see a man about a dog!
Last edited by klubfm on Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

That's cool mate. I was just reading about Irish pirates and found it interesting that Comreg only recently started caring about shutting down a few pirates. Hopefully they won't get you. 8)
-empty-
klubfm
New registered user
New registered user

Post by klubfm »

Yeah, recently got involved since another "unlicensed commercial radio station" has drawn way too much attention to themselves and the pirate scene in general! A Lot of stuff involved in that one let me tell you :D
So its quiet enough here for now... but things eventually change!
Nice to meet ya Nigel!
Peace!
Last edited by klubfm on Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

I can't say I'm surprised about the "commercial" pirate attempt. I would assume that would have raised the level of complaints about that station.

What are the main things that seem to increase the risk of getting caught over there? In the States it's mainly profanity, interference and simply people who find out the station isn't legit and then complain about that. :roll:

Perhaps you can also clear up what the new "stand" the officials take. Are they simply responding to some complaints or searching out the pirates? I'm just curious because the FCC really doesn't go around searching for unlicensed broadcasters in big vans for no reason, and I wasn't about to assume other countries did that either.
-empty-
Davey C
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Davey C »

Yeah but here in Ireland its very strange. They like to snoop around they wont raid you if you have it turned off, but they will walk around your studio garden, Just a couple of words, F*** off have you got a warrent. That usual dose it. But they have a problem its been going on here for a while, they go a bit over board on raids here. They would raid you studio take everything( I mean everything, Desks, Chairs, Scokets for the walls), Its just madness over here. And it would be for the most stupid reasons, like we raid you because you where on before 6.
klubfm
New registered user
New registered user

Post by klubfm »

The Main Things that would attract attention would be Distorting/over modulating, Bad Language and General On-Air Content and of course Complaints from the public or other legal stations as well!
Theyre pissed at the moment cos that station i mentioned is being run by an owner of another Legal temporary licence station and a Teacher (he teaches a radio broadcasting course in a college) and uses this "pirate station" to make loads of money off an audience of like 6-14 year olds at most with 'cheesey dance music" 24/7 :evil:
In other news though, Ive Done some shopping today.............
So ive got a lot of what i need today, and ill pick up the rest over the next 3/4 weeks, then ill post some pics of the Future Setup!
Last edited by klubfm on Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

klubfm wrote:'cheesey dance music" 24/7 :evil:
Cheesey? Like Ian Van Dahl and Lasgo, or like the horrid Crazy Frog? :evil:
-empty-
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Damn frog, I hate the constant commercials featuring
this annoying music for cell phones etc.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
klubfm
New registered user
New registered user

Post by klubfm »

Yep The cheesiest of em all, Crazy frog,Ding dong song and loads of other crap along the same lines as that!
Completely no house music, just the cheesy stuff, no Proper trance either! loads of bubble gum Hip hop rubbish too!
That whole ringtone thing is weird eh? if i actually told someone years ago that i could make loads of money by making ringtones for phones and selling em, they would of thought i was mad or something!
Im Just sick of it to be honest, i grew out of that stuff years ago yet Dj's the same age as me are still playing complete shite and actually like listening to it :P so they say anyway!
Just listening to Halcyon(headache reconstruction) by Andy Moor.........
Peace
Last edited by klubfm on Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

So just what does your station play? Are you more into the house tunes or the trance ones?
-empty-
Zeppelin4Life
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Zeppelin4Life »

just for the record: when you had the dipole in your room, what kind of range did you get???
klubfm
New registered user
New registered user

Post by klubfm »

Its been a while.......and for good reason [-X
The tuned dipole i had at the time wasnt actually in my room, it was mounted on top of the chimney on the house :lol:
As for Range? In some directions as much as 40 miles :wink:
If you guys are interested in seeing what Cork looks like, then check it out on google earth.Its in the very south of Ireland, the biggest County!
On average though about 10-20miles, varies quite a bit according to terrain!
Ill be back again soon,
Got some work to do!