Warranty Exchange?

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

bezerk
Regular poster
Regular poster

Warranty Exchange?

Post by bezerk »

Hello,
I have recently purchased a 2007+ 1watt card, with RDS board & mini LCD enclosure, 300watt amp w/power supply, and PCS GP 87-108 antenna. One week ago.
The card enclosure sent was the wrong one, the holes did not line up and got excessivly hot, and stopped functioning. The amp appears to be defective in that there is direct contact reading on RF-INPUT (between both posts) & RF-OUTPUT (between both posts) which there should not be. (checked with OHM meter) Since these do not function i am also returning the antenna to be checked as well since at this point i am not sure what could possibly be wrong with a no-tune, easy setup as this.
We have not asked for our money back on these items, merely to exchange them for tested working items. This is not my first purchase from PCS, as i have been a customer since the PCI-MAX ULTRA (which i can no longer find drivers for)
I am returning these items for warranty/exchange as they do no function properly. I have not heard back from Marko about exchanging these items since his last email:
Ask him what is the impedance of a 10nH coil at 0Hz and 100MHz. Than come back.
(which i believe the answer to be 0 & 2*pi)
I have the items boxed up and am sending them back for exchange in the same manner & boxes they were sent today rather than wait on confirmation as they are less than a week in my hands now.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Mon and Tue are holidays around here, why don't you wait till tomorrow?

What does the site say about returning items? Consult with us before you
return anything or you could be setting yourself for a nightmare with customs
on both ends.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
bezerk
Regular poster
Regular poster

Marko - sure thing

Post by bezerk »

Marko,
Sure thing, i will wait until tomorrow. I just tried to call you as well about confirmation before sending. Glad i checked my email before driving to fedex just now. Thank you. RJP
bezerk
Regular poster
Regular poster

Ultra Driver & Thanks!

Post by bezerk »

Marko,
Its always a pleasure doing business with you, not just because you have great products - but also because you stand by your products & are always so helpful. Thank you for the old Ultra drivers, driver 1 works great for me - what is really nice about the old Ultra card is that i can control it from within Sam3. I am looking forward to testing it with Sam4, and will post here after testing it.

Louis sure has written the greatest software ever for broadcast & DJ, gotta always give him props for all his hard work & help as well. If anyone hasnt tried it, please do try the demo (its free) - you wont leave your room for days playing with it! :o
http://spacialaudio.com/products/sambroadcaster/

I will send Louis a message & ask him about drivers for the 2007+ cards, although until that happens i dont mind running the controls for the 2007+ card in the task bar. But i think there are by far alot more possibilities for any drivers written for Sam3 & now Sam4 with the new 2007+ cards.

The new enclosure looks awesome too, http://pcs-electronics.com/cybermaxmicro-2-p-712.html - and honestly the manual for it is the best yet. Really easy to follow directions, and nice photos for reference. Great job! Looking forward to getting it & enjoying it for many years, as i have enjoyed the old Ultra card for all the years that i have. The old booster on the other hand is something that i would LOVE to upgrade to at some point - but this old Ultra card has never skipped a beat once in MANY years now! :) Solid as a rock.

Count me in for a Shortwave Capture Kit - the article is impressive http://www.elektor-electronics.co.uk/De ... &Free=True

Thank you for handling the problem with the card so professionally Marko - you can always count on my business, i plan on being a customer for many years to come! =D>

RJP aka BeZeRK :D