need some design help

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

stylzmovement
Compulsive poster:)

need some design help

Post by stylzmovement »

I will like to know if you can make an RF output level control (attenuator ) using a LCD to display information , I will be using a 300 watts and a 600 watts on two different transmitters,
I will like the LCD to display the frequency and the power level.
that mean you will provide me with the mono exciter , the drive stage and the standard size LCD that will be to drive the 600watts units , on the 300watts designs i will like the LCD to display frequency and power level of the final PA, on this design you will supply me with a 1 watt mono exciter to drive the Final PA. on the 300 watts units i will need the mono exciter (Pll Plus ) to drive the PA , i will like the LCD to display frequency and power level .
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

We are just working on amplifiers with this function. They will be 19" rack jobs
and will display power, swr and maybe also temp on the lcd.

The even nicer thing will be that you'll be able to set power from 0 to max with
up/down keys.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
stylzmovement

Post by stylzmovement »

i am not loking for a completed amplifier, i am building the amps to save money , so all i need is something like a max pro 3 with a lcd diaplay, and a few controls on the lcd to read the frequency, read the power level and adjust the power level from 0 to max.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Well, that's a whole project than, including developing software, directional couplers,
a technique for a proper power control (which is not by changing drive power with
attenuator, BTW!!!), not to mention the whole LCD thingy.

It took me about 5-6 weeks to develop all this, mostly due to the time needed to run
all other projects and the company itself.

You could do it in 2 weeks, if you had good experience in all the above mentioned fields.
If not, you're in for some pretty steep learning curve.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128