CYBERMAX15 swr/lock light keeps coming on

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

gtpc
New registered user
New registered user

CYBERMAX15 swr/lock light keeps coming on

Post by gtpc »

Please help! Transmitter plays great at about 15W... waiting for new antenna, but current one has SWR 1:1.5 and the sound is very clear most of the time. Every 5-15 minutes or so the output dies as the red light comes on. I may be losing signal lock, but can't figure how to change that. My model doesn't seem to be the same one as is on the CD because they speak of a small pin beside the red light to adjust RF power. Mine is adjusted by the menu button on the LCD screen. I can't see anywhere in the PDF on the CD what or how to set the signal lock, base, treble, threshold, compression, etc. Don't know what all these are even! I have WINAMP set to about 50% and the sound is really clear most of the time. When the red light came on, I tried to lower the winamp slider [volume], and even muted the sound coming out of the computer, and it made no difference. The red light goes out after about 30 seconds by itself. I am using rgu58(?) coax with a 70 foot high tower. Power supply is new 13.8V 6amp max, 4.2 amp sustained. Sure could use some help here.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Look at the manual for MAX PRO 3+, locate temp protection trimmer and move it a bit more to high.

Your version is probably Model A, without DSP so those functions won't do a thing for you.
If you have a version with DSP, look at the manual for SE4 DSP+ for help.

Should be fine after that.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
gtpc
New registered user
New registered user

Post by gtpc »

Thank you. I will try this in a few days. For now, a small fan has rescued us and seems to be working. The
'compression' menu item does seem to work, as does the base and treble, but some of the other ones like threshold just change my transmitting frequency to 96 for some reason, so we will not do that again! :)