PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
PCI MAX + 1 Watt Full Output For 3 Days

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters View previous topic
View next topic
PCI MAX + 1 Watt Full Output For 3 Days
LARVIC
New registered user
New registered user

Post PCI MAX + 1 Watt Full Output For 3 Days Reply with quote
I've recently purchased a PCI MAX 2006 1 watt card and did some testing on it. I broadcasted for 3 days on full power and no heat damage to the output. Heatsink got hot but no failures. This is on its own with no cooling.

I do have a 1 inch fan mounted in computor near pci max heatsink only because I had the fan etc, and I just feel better when it runs cooler.

('')

Last edited by LARVIC on Fri May 19, 2006 1:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Sir Nigel

us.gif

Post Reply with quote
I thought PCS were smart enough to make sure it could run simply with the computer's existing cooling.

So honestly I haven't tested trying to cool the card, but the heat-sink seems to be only moderately hot when I unplug the card.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:20 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LARVIC
New registered user
New registered user

Post Reply with quote
The card does run just fine on its own cooling. My heatsink seems to get pretty warm but not too hot! The way my pci max is installed in pci slot the component side of the board is down. I already had the fan etc, so I just installed it anyway. I just like it better when the heatsink is just above room temp.

Thanks Larry.
Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » PCI MAX transmitters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: