earphone party?

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

radio4all
New registered user
New registered user

earphone party?

Post by radio4all »

Apart from a radio station, I would like to put my FM transmitter to other uses. One idea I have is to organise parties where instead of a large music system (sometimes this is illegal after certain hours or some 'nature' places dont allow them to be used) the invitees are given a pair of FM earphones instead and the music is relayed through the transmitter.

I heard someone in Venice did something like this. Would anyone here know if this is possible/and some tips on how to go about it? If someone knows of resources where I can look up more information that'd be swell. I am particularly looking for information on equipment - what kind of earphones, whats the max dB I can hope to get with them and if its worthwhile compared to a fullblown speaker set-up (whether the compromise is worth it), precautions, tips, will having so many recievers in a small place affect the signal, is an FM transmitter best suited for this etc.
5r

Re: earphone party?

Post by 5r »

radio4all wrote:Apart from a radio station, I would like to put my FM transmitter to other uses. One idea I have is to organise parties where instead of a large music system (sometimes this is illegal after certain hours or some 'nature' places dont allow them to be used) the invitees are given a pair of FM earphones instead and the music is relayed through the transmitter.

I heard someone in Venice did something like this. Would anyone here know if this is possible/and some tips on how to go about it? If someone knows of resources where I can look up more information that'd be swell. I am particularly looking for information on equipment - what kind of earphones, whats the max dB I can hope to get with them and if its worthwhile compared to a fullblown speaker set-up (whether the compromise is worth it), precautions, tips, will having so many recievers in a small place affect the signal, is an FM transmitter best suited for this etc.
:)
I have used transmitters even for translation system with about 50 receivers. Of course I could use more than that. It worked great in the concert hall, so it would probably work even at your party. But I can’t quite imagine how would party with earphones look like, where would people with earphones shout on each other instead of taking phones off and all you could hear from house is people shouting :)