PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
earphone party?

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Users share experience... View previous topic
View next topic
earphone party?
radio4all
New registered user
New registered user

Post earphone party? Reply with quote
Apart from a radio station, I would like to put my FM transmitter to other uses. One idea I have is to organise parties where instead of a large music system (sometimes this is illegal after certain hours or some 'nature' places dont allow them to be used) the invitees are given a pair of FM earphones instead and the music is relayed through the transmitter.

I heard someone in Venice did something like this. Would anyone here know if this is possible/and some tips on how to go about it? If someone knows of resources where I can look up more information that'd be swell. I am particularly looking for information on equipment - what kind of earphones, whats the max dB I can hope to get with them and if its worthwhile compared to a fullblown speaker set-up (whether the compromise is worth it), precautions, tips, will having so many recievers in a small place affect the signal, is an FM transmitter best suited for this etc.
Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:11 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
5r

us.gif

Post Re: earphone party? Reply with quote
radio4all wrote:
Apart from a radio station, I would like to put my FM transmitter to other uses. One idea I have is to organise parties where instead of a large music system (sometimes this is illegal after certain hours or some 'nature' places dont allow them to be used) the invitees are given a pair of FM earphones instead and the music is relayed through the transmitter.

I heard someone in Venice did something like this. Would anyone here know if this is possible/and some tips on how to go about it? If someone knows of resources where I can look up more information that'd be swell. I am particularly looking for information on equipment - what kind of earphones, whats the max dB I can hope to get with them and if its worthwhile compared to a fullblown speaker set-up (whether the compromise is worth it), precautions, tips, will having so many recievers in a small place affect the signal, is an FM transmitter best suited for this etc.

I have used transmitters even for translation system with about 50 receivers. Of course I could use more than that. It worked great in the concert hall, so it would probably work even at your party. But I can’t quite imagine how would party with earphones look like, where would people with earphones shout on each other instead of taking phones off and all you could hear from house is people shouting
Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:17 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Users share experience... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: