A few questions about the PCI Max 2006

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Class 321
New registered user
New registered user

A few questions about the PCI Max 2006

Post by Class 321 »

You recommend using a tuned antenna with the 1 Watt version of PCI Max. If you use this version on a lower power setting (say 300mW) is the tuned antenna really necessary?

Also what power is outputed when you first turn on the PCI MAX 2006 (both versions) ?

When you set the power of the transmitter is the setting stored on the board as well as the PCI Max software?
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

I'd recommend a tuned antenna. If you don't plan on using one then get the lower powered version.

I'm not sure about the output power as I don't think mine put out all of the 1 watt. I think an external power supply will help you to increase your output.

The card does what the software tell it to do. Without that the card will not function unless you get the external enclosure.
-empty-
manado
New registered user
New registered user

Post by manado »

Sir Nigel wrote:I'd recommend a tuned antenna. If you don't plan on using one then get the lower powered version.

I'm not sure about the output power as I don't think mine put out all of the 1 watt. I think an external power supply will help you to increase your output.

The card does what the software tell it to do. Without that the card will not function unless you get the external enclosure.
PCI Max 2006 could be used with 300w Amplifier?
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

You can use 300W power amp, but I think using something like
a stand-alone cyber max fm is better. But its up to you.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128