MAX PRO 1 DISPLAYS - 2 types?

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

andido
New registered user
New registered user

MAX PRO 1 DISPLAYS - 2 types?

Post by andido »

Hi.
My Max Pro 1 board has an led segmant display fitted to it, and not the common liquid crystal lcd diaplay. I've not powered it up yet to check it's ok, because it was bought and forgotten about. I've owned it for an absolute age and have only just got round to playing with it!!! I'm yet to build my enclosure although i have bought all the parts i need for a quality assembly.
I have my main MaxPro board, then there is a tiny square adaptor board fitted to the display connector. This is labelled MAX PRO III LCD and has another set of connector pins fitted to it. On the second set of pins is a connector and cable leading to the led segmant display board which is labelled MAX PRO 3 and contains the following chip: AT90S4433.
The display has a 4 digit red led segamnt display, 3 black long-rod push buttons, and inbetween the three buttons are two red led's.

Why is my display different to the ones everyone else has on their MaxPro1?
Is mine a very early MaxPro1?
Or has the wrong display fitted?
Will it work ok and can i power it up with this display fitted?
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

What you have is what used to be inside Cyber Max LED unit,
it is the same thing, just LED display. The RF board is the same.

Should work just fine.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
andido
New registered user
New registered user

Post by andido »

Ok, thanks!
I now know, and i've got peace of mind before i plug it up! I didn't want to blow it up or damage it for the sake of waiting for an answer first.
I dug the MaxPro1 out, and thought i'd look it back up to refresh myself before making a full stereo 50watt unit from it, as it was some time ago when i bought it, and i saw it was different to the display on the MaxPro1 website picture. I had ordered a few MaxPro's for my friend a long time back and i bought one at the same time for myself but just shoved it away inside a box in a drawer!!! I wasn't sure if i'd muddled parts up and ended up with a display off another maxpro design.
Do you sell the two different displays for the MaxPro 1?
Are there any MaxPro1's left in kit form?

Also, where do you stand with people re-selling your stock?
I'd like to open an eBay store selling fm transmitters and fm broadcast related products, and i'd really like to be able to sell some of the MaxPro range (mainly the Maxpro boards, RDS encoder, stereo encoder etc etc)
After all, if you're going to sell in an area of the market you have to have the best brand and quality product available to your customers.
Would you consider selling bulk orders to me and granting permission for me to resell them through the eBay store system. I'm very passionate about this and i'm sure it would be beneficial to both of us.
What are your thoughts? If you don't like the idea then it ends here, not a problem.

Thanks again,
Your customer service and support can never be beaten.

Andy
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Andy,

contact me via email for further discussion.

Use the one on our website starting with sales...
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128