Shipping

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

RENEGADERADIO1977
New registered user
New registered user

Shipping

Post by RENEGADERADIO1977 »

Anyone know how this stuff is shipped? I mean if I order a transmitter how does it reach me in Canada? Like I don't think it's a good idea if I get this thing and it has "TRANSMITTER" plastered all over it. Wouldn't the authorities be looking for my a** in that case? All we want is a 1 watt pc transmitter and a 100 watt booster or a 100 watt transmitter. Someone please PLEASE answer me. Thanks :-? :D
anon
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by anon »

The transmitter I ordered a while ago was shipped via FedEx. When the package arrived in the US, FedEx held in in a warehouse somewhere and would not deliver it until I phoned them and told them what was in the box. I told them it was an "FM electronic Kit" and the lady said "ok" and I got the package two days later. I doubt she had any idea what I meant or even really cared, it's just paperwork for her.

Also, in the US at least, it's not illegal to own an FM transmitter, it's only illegal to use it to broadcast (it's more complicated then that but I won't go into all of it).

For future reference, you probably don't need to post the same question in more then one location on the forum, someone will see it in either place.
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

The shipping companies are just trying to clear their end or responsibility. Otherwise it has nothing to do with the "authorities."
-empty-