PCI MAX 2005/2006 Doesn't work-Read here for driver solution

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

PCI MAX 2005/2006 Doesn't work-Read here for driver solution

Post by drumman »

Can Anyone help, I have read this forum from one end to the other, and still don`t have software to operate my card, the computer sees the card and then ask for the software I have tried the software that came with the card, software for 2004 card, downloaded the software from PCS, and also tried the software i had for my 2002 model card and NONE of them work, I would really like to get my station up and going again, I had been waiting on my amplifier to come in from repairs, and the card I thought was working because I could hear it through my radio, BUT when i got my amp back, (which operates at 100mW) I doesn`t even register on my SWR meter so I have no control of the card.

Drumman

Edit by Nigel:

If you're having problems with your card please read:

Just to recap what's going on. For those using the 2005 and 2006 card, just about no one is able to run it using the 2005 drivers (or continue to use if with the drivers). If you can get the driver to work in the first place you're fortunate, however likely it will say "failed locking device" soon and you'll have to follow this fix:

First it's recommended that you first try to remove all versions of the driver and simply use the 2004 version. If that doesn't work, sometimes it helps to also install the 2005 drivers (so their files are simply on the computer) after the 2004 ones and then try running the 2004 application and see if that helps.
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

You need to provide a little more information. In what way does the card not work? Do the drivers fail to install?
-empty-
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

yes the drivers will not install, they will from the 2004 folder BUT they won`t work, and when i direct it to the 2005 RDS folder it don`t show any drivers available.

Drumman
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

Going off of what others have reported, at least try to use the card with the 2004 drivers first. Uninstall everything (items under Add/Remove Programs and delete the Program Files folders for the PCI Max Cards), now install the 2004 drivers and when Windows asks for the drivers direct it to the folder containing them in Program Files.

If any of this doesn't work, please explain exactly what type of error you are getting.
-empty-
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

I am getting multiple errors when i launch PCI MAX 2004 v.2.0 after closing out all errors the card doesn`t work one of the errors is that it can`t find the card I have moved it to other PCI slots and am still getting the errors tried to add the 2005 inf file and the computer doesn`t see it I have tried using XP home, XP Pro, Windows 98SE, and it doesn`t work with any of them.
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

When are the new drivers for the 2006 going to be posted? you say that they are going to work for the 2005 model also
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

Just wanted to give an update, I did finally get the card to work on the 2004 software BUT the output is VERY low less than 100mW because the amp that I`m using was built to run at 100mW and it`s not putting out anything. But I am getting a signal out to about 50 feet :-?
anhisr
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by anhisr »

When do you think the 2006 drivers will be in the download section? I see the 2006 have shipped
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

drumman wrote:Just wanted to give an update, I did finally get the card to work on the 2004 software BUT the output is VERY low less than 100mW because the amp that I`m using was built to run at 100mW and it`s not putting out anything. But I am getting a signal out to about 50 feet :-?
Ok, here is a workaround for everyone unable to set full power:

A small solder bridge will give you power.
The power adjustment slider in windows will still work as before.
It is recommended that you set the power slider in Windows to zero
after using the card.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

O.K. I will try it and see what happens, when the new software gets posted will i need to undo the bridge or will it be o.k. to just leave it as is as long as the output isn`t too high for my amp?

drumman :-k
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

I`m Still not working, I did the bridge you said made no difference, I did a fresh install of XP PRO, I don`t get any errors now BUT I also am not getting any output, well not enough to drive my amp. Guess I`ll wait until friday for the new drivers and hope they work.

drumman #-o
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

I've done some testing with the 2005 card myself. The solder bridge didn't increase the power for me either. If anything I noticed that the stereo output was stable, as I wasn't getting a very consistent signal before. There just isn't enough output still and my amp will only produce about 5 watts with the power set to max. I'm back to still using my 2004 card.
-empty-
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

Well I don`t know what to do from here then the card is brand new never even used it and now it looks like I`m going to have to order another one, that sucks, why didn`t they test this model more before putting it out to the consumer?

drumman
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

Just wanted to let you know I plugged in my old 2002 PCIMAX card today and guess what it works, I have an input problem with it that is why i ordered the new card but at least i know that my problem doesn`t lie in the software but seems to be in the hardware, I also moved the card to other PCI slots in my computer and it worked in all of them. SOOOO my guess is thier is a problem with the 2005 card.

drumman
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

O.K. I put the 2002 model card in the computer the computer saw the card and i told it to install the RDS2005 drivers and it did I rebooted the computer and then told it where the 2002 card was and it installed the rds2005.inf file and the windrv6.inf file and the card info was showing in the sound,audio,media section of device manager so I turn off the computer installed the 2005 card rebooted the computer and it said it had found new hardware and asked for location of the drivers so I pointed it to the rds2005 folder as before with the 2002 card and the computer said no drivers for this item at that location.So I have done all I know to do, I am a Computer technician, and this is the first time I have ever ran up on anything like this before, so I guess I`ll quit trying for now and wait for the 2006 drivers and start working at it again.
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

The 2005 drivers have never worked for me. I did figure out that they seem to be missing a "windrv.inf" as everytime I use those drivers I get asked for the file, however using the file already in my sytem folders doesn't do the trick and the 2005 interface doesn't recognise the card even thought the driver instalation completed.
-empty-
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

So what am I supposed to do with the card????????????
i have tried all the drivers from the web sight plus the drivers from my old card and none of them work.

drumman
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

Contact Marko directly and see if you can trade the card for the new one. I've had the same problems you have with the 2005, but the 2006 has more power.

One last thing you can try is adding an external power supply to the xmitter. At least 13v and a watt should work.
-empty-
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

Well I tried hooking up an external power supply and it worked BUT the output was way to low for my amp and after a while of messing with it it stopped working again even with the power supply attached to it. So I guess I`m e-mail Mark like you said.

thanks drumman
drumman
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by drumman »

I tried to contact Marko but I haven`t heard from him so I don`t know If I used a direct e-mail or not. I was really wanting to get things going by now but i guess I`ll just have to wait.

drumman