PCI Max Error

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Francie81
Regular poster
Regular poster

PCI Max Error

Post by Francie81 »

Am experiencing and error with the card and it only happens after having the pc on standy, the error am getting is as follows: "Unable to open PCI Max card. Try to move PCI Max to another PCI slot or reinstall the driver. Last reported error: Card does not have all items expected for TIGER320" did anyone ever get that if so what is the problem because I tried moving it to another slot and reinstalling it with no joy??? plz help

Thanks in advance
zurn
New registered user
New registered user

Post by zurn »

I have that problem too!

I was able to resolve it without having to move the card: in fact, all i've had to do was go to the Win Device Mgr, Disable, and then Enable the card. Then it came right back.

If you've moved the card, i would think that would have done it! You reinstalled the drivers, too? Do you have the newer drivers?

Come to think of it, i don't know if i've tried that since i installed the newer driver...

However, now i've got a different problem: the newer 2005 app suddenly fails with a similar error. I've had to revert to the 2004 app--which was what was shipped to me (i think just prior to their releasing an update). I'm still trying a few different installation procedures...but eventually i'll post the problem here if i don't find the solution.
-steve
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

I've had to do the same thing, revert to the 2004 drivers. Just remember to manually uninstall the card's drivers from the device manager if you do this. In addition I had a very strange occurance where the 2005 drivers quit working all of the sudden, only thing I could think of was a new USB sound card I installed.
-empty-
zurn
New registered user
New registered user

Post by zurn »

Sir Nigel wrote:I've had to do the same thing, revert to the 2004 drivers. Just remember to manually uninstall the card's drivers from the device manager if you do this.
Why is that? Do you mean so that it won't even be represented in the Device Manager?
-steve
Francie81
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Francie81 »

Well lads thanks for replying to my thread. Ok I e-mailed the company I purchased the card off and didn't really get anywhere on the problem although he mentioned something about power management so their could be something conflicting because it only seems to happen when I wake it from standby mode not a fresh boot. I also tried unistalling the drivers and it made no difference. Not only am I getting and error with the card but the RDS Max error's from time to time which forces me to repair. Anyway am gonna try to change a few things to see will it solve the problem and I'll let you know should it do.

Francie
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

zurn wrote:Why is that? Do you mean so that it won't even be represented in the Device Manager?
That's just if you have to upgrade/revert the drivers. I've had other programs that keep the device installed after their own uninstaller. Just an additional step to make sure the drivers that weren't working get completely removed.
-empty-
zurn
New registered user
New registered user

Post by zurn »

Sir Nigel wrote: That's just if you have to upgrade/revert the drivers. I've had other programs that keep the device installed after their own uninstaller. Just an additional step to make sure the drivers that weren't working get completely removed.
I've been doing that, but still having trouble getting the Dev.Mgr to recognize the card using the new drivers.

With the older ones, it shows up under the category "Jungo" and then "PCI MAX radio card" and the driver file details reveal it using 'windrvr.sys' and 'wdpnp.sys'.

I guess for a while i was using the newer application with those drivers...

If i try to use the new drivers from the "CD Image" download, it only appears under "System Devices" and then as "Windriver." Still tho--with it that way i still can't get the new app to recognize it. I get an error message.

On the upside, the old app/drivers seem to be working fine now. For a while i could not get any output control, and was getting more distortion on higher sound levels. Now it seems to work fine.

Is that what you've had trouble with? Mine is a Win2K system, btw.
thanks!
-steve
Francie81
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Francie81 »

Mine is WinXP and I was also getting distortion at full output on stereo but it seems to be ok now eventhough am still on mono.

I never got the chance to look at my power management settings but I must do because I won't like having to restart just to go on air.

Anyway am a newbie to all of this and am sure I'll learn alot from the likes of yourself as I go along.

Francie
zurn
New registered user
New registered user

Post by zurn »

Francie81 wrote: I never got the chance to look at my power management settings but I must do because I won't like having to restart just to go on air.
Me neither! Can't imagine what they want you to check in power management or options--all that's there are the options for how and when you want the PC to go into different modes (Standby, hibernate, etc). Unless they meant on the BIOS...

At best it's a driver problem, at worst something about the hardware not liking the method of standby mode in use from the motherboard.

Anyway, as mentioned i'm having other driver issues, so i'm hoping clearing that up might help...
-steve