PCS Electronics PCS Electronics - home page PCS Electronics  
RegisterSearchFAQAM & FM Radio transmitters shop UsergroupsLog in
A Couple of Questions about My Order

Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Users share experience... View previous topic
View next topic
A Couple of Questions about My Order
BlueRibbonRadio
New registered user
New registered user

Post A Couple of Questions about My Order Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a few questions about first my PCI MAX 2005 Delivery and Status and also some about LPFM and FM stuff.

First I guess I am used to big companies and being able to track the order progess on-line and I completely understand the small company setup. I guess what I would like is some reasurring words from PCS about the status of my order. I ordered express have submitted a question through the on-line form, sent an email to the 5r email. So any words of reassurance would really help!

Also I currently have a small 24/7 Automated On-Line Radio station that runs with the help of SAM3 from Spacial Audio. I am waiting on the PCI MAX 2005 card so that I can begin broadcasting within the legal FCC limit I guess which is under 1Watt. I am really a TV guy so this Radio stuff is new for me. I plan on getting liscensed since there are plenty of frequencies avalable here in the mountains. I plan on getting the 15W booster once school starts back up in August. I was hoping you all had some words of wisdom about what I may encounter or may need help with. Also when I visited the FCC site to register it told me I needed a construction permit, but I do not think I need one because I am doing all of this from a Dorm Room. Any help or thoughts would be good.
Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:28 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post Reply with quote
For support and order info use email. If you did and received no
answer I suggest you disable your spam filter. Even if you do not
have it, your ISP obviously does and you don' t know about it.
Yes, they are doing that (they're blocking whole countries sometimes).
I suggest you write again from another email account.

Regarding FCC, legal limit will give you about 10m of range. It is
far less than 1W.
Regarding getting a licence, you have about 0.01% chance of getting
one. Sorry, but that's how it is.

Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:08 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BlueRibbonRadio
New registered user
New registered user

Post I Wouldn't Be To Sure Reply with quote
Hey,

Thanks Marko responded to me today about my order. As far as the Possibility of a license I would not be to skeptical. The campus already owns a call sign and all we would have to do is make a request to operate WWCU-LP which with our Chancellor he would want to do. I know that the Legal limit is very small but how much power does the card run at by default or at its maximum setting without the booster. I looked at the material on it but I simply cannot remember off the top of my head.

Thanks!
Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post Reply with quote
Ok, that sounds more optimistic than. You might be able to
get it after all.

For such applications I'd recommend a stand alone unit,
such as the Cyber Max FM line with adjustable output power.

PCI MAX 2005 alone gives 100-500m range typically.

Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Mon May 02, 2005 9:40 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    PCS-Electronics Forum Index » Users share experience... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: