no sound with preamp

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

rcmarotz
New registered user
New registered user

no sound with preamp

Post by rcmarotz »

I've got a PCI Max 2005 in a WinXP pro box. Whenever I use the audio passthrough on the PCI Max, it cuts out the lower frequencies going to my PC speakers. So I decided to use a small headphone amplifier to run my pc speakers, headphones, PCI Max, and RF modulator. I decided to use the Rolls HA43. The headphones, RF modulator, and pc speakers sound great through the amp. However, the PCI Max transmits no sound. There is just silence coming through the radio (I've tried different frequencies). Even the stereo light will not light. If I plug the PCI Max straight into the PC audio out, it transmits the audio. Here's something else that is interesting, I plug the amp into the pc audio out, I plug the PCI Max into the amp, then I plug pc speakers into the PCI Max audio passthrough. I get sound through my speakers, but the PCI Max will not trasmit audio.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan
rcmarotz
New registered user
New registered user

Post by rcmarotz »

I've had another thought concerning this. Is there a max voltage that the PCI Max 2005 can take as an audio in? Am I simply overpowering the PCI Max with the Rolls HA43 amp?

-Ryan