Project idea - transmitting and recieving and stuff - help!

This is the place where you can ask questions
related to schematics posted on our website
and request new schematics. We will try to post whatever is possible.

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Neon_Ultra
New registered user
New registered user

Project idea - transmitting and recieving and stuff - help!

Post by Neon_Ultra »

Hi I'm new here and I know very little about electronics, so please don't baffle me with your technical jargon :). I'm only 16 and failed me Electronics GCSE :( .

Anyway, I'm not intending to make the project anytime soon, but I would like to know how I would go about making it when I decide to.

Right, the idea:

Basically I know I need a transmitter with lots of buttons (10 would be good). I need also somewhere on the device where I can plug in the 10 seperate recievers and program them to different frequencies - assigning them to the different buttons (eg. first reciever to button 1, second to button 2).
When you press a button on the transmitter the right reciever will sound.

So press button 3 and a reciever that has been set to button 3 will sound.

These are radio transmitters by the way as I want the reciever to sound if you are not pointing at it.

Also, this product has to be extremely user-friendly, and I want recievers to be programmed simply and easily by the customer, without any electronics experience. I was thinking of a system that - when there is no PIC chip in the programming socket in the transmitter box, pressing the 1-10 buttons will broadcast the relevant frequency, and all recievers programmed to that frequency will sound. However, when a PIC chip from a reciever is in the programming socket (a light will go on to indicate the change in function of the buttons), pressing the buttons will instead program the PIC to that relevant frequency. Or, if this is too hard to have buttons having two seperate functions, then a different set of 1-10 buttons would have to be located on the transmitter box for the programming.

There is a reason behind this idea but it's secret [-X.

So how would I go about making the transmitter and reciever and what parts do I need, and how (generally don't go into detail) would I program the recievers?

Thanks very much for any help, and if I get rich from this I'm sure I'll credit you all!