What solution is best?

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Casey
New registered user
New registered user

What solution is best?

Post by Casey »

Hey everyone, I'd like some advice on what equipment would be best for me and what I'm trying to do.

I want to be able to broadcast to my town, about 5 miles radius. I bought a PCI Max card, thinking that I would get a booster some time later. But the card doesn't work with my Win2k Server, so now I'm trying to find a solution that works for me.

My options appear to be to build a standalone enclosure for my PCI Max card and add a booster, or to return the PCI card and get either a CyberMax 15-20W (more power than I need, but I didn't see a 5W option) or a Max Pro I/II/III plus a stereo encoder.

Now, what are the signficant differences between these products? Are their fundamental abilities the same, just different outputs? What can you advise?

Thanks in advance!
Casey
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Casey »

No advice? No comparisons from the company?

There's a difference between the different components in each device, I'm sure. I'd like some comparisons if that's possible.

For example, I wondered what the effective difference is between a Pro Max II + stereo encoder, versus the PCI Max 2005 + 15W amplifier. The latter is more expensive but the former appears to have better features, unless I'm missing something. Anyone care to comment? Mark?