I2C Error on Max Pro 2000+

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

cjstyles
New registered user
New registered user

I2C Error on Max Pro 2000+

Post by cjstyles »

Hi All,

I bought a MAXPRO 2000+ a while ago, along with an SE5000 DSP+ and an LCD module.

Previously, I couldnt get the LCD module to communicate with the MAXPRO, and I didnt really mind, I just used the DIP switches to configure the frequency.

Now i need to adjust the output power, and it seems that the only way to do this is via the LCD. I have aproblem now.

When i connect the LCD to the MAXPro 2000+ it simply says "PCS Electronics" the the screen flashes momentarily, before it displays "I2C Error". I have ensured that All the DIP switches are set to the OFF position, but it makes no difference.

If I connect the MAXPro to my SE5000, and remove jumper J10 on the SE5000, I stop getting the I2C error, and I can control the SE5000 remotely.

However, what ever I try, I simply cant get the LCD to control the MAXPRO 2000. There is only one mentin of the "I2C Error" in the manual, for the Max Pro, and this relates to the DIP switch settings, which I have made sure are correct.

What else should I try? How else can I make the output power closer to 500mW rather than the 15w i suspect I am transmitting with currently?

Thanks
Chris
5r

Post by 5r »

hi,
you are using LCD module intended only for se5000. You should use LCD module for max pro2000 and for communication between two units i2c cable.
Also the microprocesor can be changed to solve the problem.

Peter
regards,

Peter
PCS team