Operational temperature range.

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Español
New registered user
New registered user

Operational temperature range.

Post by Español »

Hi. What is the operational temperature range in Cybermax transmitters? Can Cybermax transmitter stand high temperatures in summertime?

Thanks in advanced.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

For long years of service I recommend indoor use at normal temperatures up to 30 degrees celsius. If it is very hot and no air conditioning consider an extra fan to make sure there is a lot of air flow.

Other than that these units are quite robust and every new revision is even better.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
fingerburn
New registered user
New registered user

Post by fingerburn »

I concur with the fan, had my max v15 out at Burning Man last year in 40c temp's.
It did well during the day with an extra fan, turn the fan off and the over heat warning came on and
power dropped.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

The latest versions are heating up less than previous. And if the internal fan fails they turn off and display warning for years now.

Make sure the sun is not shining directly on the unit, that can heat it up well, especially if you have black case version.

Unless you live in a really hot climate with high humidity I would not worry about this. Just make sure your antenna is aligned properly as that can cause heating due to reflected power from unmatched antenna. And if there is 40C degrees in your room, you probably have some kind of fan already to cool you off or you would probably go crazy. Put the unit in the airflow of that fan and you'll be fine.
I spent one night at 40C+ without AC with flimsy ceiling fan, I thought I would go crazy and die. Than I took a towel and soaked it wet. With this on my body I could sleep. Had to soak it again at 3AM.

If you want nuclear blast resistance, get the 25W unit and set it to 15W. These new units are based on 4025+ exciters and sound even better (new QSonic PLL/VCO).
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128