Cannot fault PRO-1 Tx - it ROCKS!!!

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Grogster
Regular poster
Regular poster

Cannot fault PRO-1 Tx - it ROCKS!!!

Post by Grogster »

Hiya!
:-)

I have finished building the lastest PCS kit, and it
worked first time!
Switched it on, and away she went!
Not that I have come to expect anything different from
PCS!

I replaced the 56-ohm R13 with 100-ohms(1/2W) to lower
the output power to around 1.5W maximum @ 12v (at the
88.x end of the band).

This allows me to use the great PCS MAX PRO-1 as the
basis of a 0-1W exciter for the New Zealand
LPFM(Low-Power FM) regulations.
Diode D2 on the RF board has been left out of circuit,
as suggested previously by Marko at PCS to further
lower the harmonic content.

Shit, I just cannot fault the MAX PRO-1 unit - it is
very flexable, very clean, and very stable.
I've been using an older MAX-1 module to run my 106.8
station for more then 1 year, with no calls yet from
the radio-police!!!
This in itself proves the quality of the product.

I would also like to point out, that I really like the
double-sided PCB idea you guys use for the MAX series
of Tx'ers, as this double-ground-plane design will
ensure the best stability for _ANY_ kit, anywhere in
the world...
(no other kits(with the exception of BW) use
double-sided PCB's)

See ya!
:-}

G.
StormiNorm

Re: Cannot fault PRO-1 Tx - it ROCKS!!!

Post by StormiNorm »

Grogster wrote:Hiya!

I have finished building the lastest PCS kit, and it
worked first time!
Switched it on, and away she went!
Not that I have come to expect anything different from
PCS!

I replaced the 56-ohm R13 with 100-ohms(1/2W) to lower
the output power to around 1.5W maximum @ 12v (at the
88.x end of the band).

This allows me to use the great PCS MAX PRO-1 as the
basis of a 0-1W exciter for the New Zealand
LPFM(Low-Power FM) regulations.
Diode D2 on the RF board has been left out of circuit,
as suggested previously by Marko at PCS to further
lower the harmonic content.

s***, I just cannot fault the MAX PRO-1 unit - it is
very flexable, very clean, and very stable.
I've been using an older MAX-1 module to run my 106.8
station for more then 1 year, with no calls yet from
the radio-police!!!
This in itself proves the quality of the product.

I would also like to point out, that I really like the
double-sided PCB idea you guys use for the MAX series
of Tx'ers, as this double-ground-plane design will
ensure the best stability for _ANY_ kit, anywhere in
the world...
(no other kits(with the exception of BW) use
double-sided PCB's)

See ya!
:-}

G.
Greetz,

I would not go so far as saying that the Max1_Pro cannot be faulted...or it is the best kit as far as stability is concerned ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

Haiti is a tough environment....All the units that were sent to Haiti are back with various problems...Let me clarify that i am not attributeing any of the failures to reflect any Partisan LPFM Hardware dealer preference etc.etc...As far as i am concerned i will subject any PLL to the most crucial tests.

So far the BW PLL+ Seems to be the one that is consistent and has adapted to the environment in Haiti quite well.

Let me make a few points here for general clarification.

1)One of the unfounded criticisms that has been levied in my direction especially from the Haitian Folks that i do business with utilizeing products from the Hardware dealers of Pirate Radio Products...is that i am always never on time WHENEVER I AM SUPPOSED to deliver the final assembly of a system etc. to be sent to Haiti...Well i am sick and tired of useing designs that are ok in some aspects ,but cannot truly meet the acid tests that the Environment of Haiti places on a item of Electronic Hardware...I have even seen the BEST UNITS COMMERCIALLY MADE FAIL MISERABLY IN HAITI.

2)The Broadcast Warehouse Unit that is in Haiti right now,i assembled way before a potential sale was even comtemplated..As a matter of fact,i humourously POsted Jpegs of that unit (ListBot_Web_Surf Forum List)Captioned.."A wolf in Sheeps clothing"

3)The wolf in sheeps clothing symbolism was by no way meant to be a description of my personal honesty and integrity..That metaphor was used as an impact statement to convey quite a few prophetic senarios,which i can now help you all to clarify beyond all reasonable doubts of my commitment to the challenge that i have accepted to effect changes in the Country of Haiti and other regions of poverty in this Hemisphere concept of "In our own Backyard" in Geographic relation to the United Sates of America..

4)I applied a similiar idea of anticipated_readiness with the first MAXI TX from PCS-ELECTRONICS...Even before i got the first unit..i had a case (enclosure) ready and waiting for it's arrival.

5)So basically i was applying those statements that i made in regards to Haiti being my testing grounds for the Pirate Radio Hardware element.

6)So i have had the opportunity to visit Haiti and view the demographics for myself..Both from a Hardware and Human Element aspect...And it shall be my Rules of engagement that they will have to abide by..They have no choice in the matter other than co-oporateing with me to effect the changes that i,and others globally are desirous of implementing in Haiti and other parts of this Hemisphere...the whole world for that matter.For the BETTERMENT OF ALL HUMANITY...NO BOUNDARIES OF RACE COLOUR CREED..WEALTH AND SOCIAL STANDING..THOSE CAN BE CONSIDERED STARTING GROUNDS FOR A PERSONS INALIENABLE RIGHTS TO FREEDOM..JUSTICE AND EQUALITY AND HAPPINESS GLOBALLY.

And i shall TORQUE AND TWIST YOU ALL THAT ARE AN HINDRANCE TO THOSE GOALS THAT I HAVE LAID DOWN IN ORDER THAT WE ALL PROVIDE A RICH LEGACY OF QUALITY OF LIFE FOR OUR YOUNGER GENERATION GLOBALLY..NOT ONLY RICH IN MATERIAL WEALTH BUT ALSO RICH IN HUMAN VALUES OF LOVE..RESPECT..EDUCATION AND UNDERSTANDING FOR EACH OTHER.

And Haiti i have chosen once again to implement the real world application of my desires...First and foremost as a liveing tribute of Thanks and appreciation to my Adopted Mother Miss. Daisie Hornby...J.P=Justice of the Peace..a noble Honour of respects that is awarded to a Citizen of any of the former British Commonwealths,as an recognition of 24/7 dedication to a cause.

SO ONCE AGAIN YOU ALL CAN NOW..WITH MY PERMISSION CONSIDER ME TO BE A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHEING FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF ALWAYS BEING ABLE TO ADJUDICATE MY BLESSINGS OF FORESIGHT FOR THE GOODWILL OF MANKIND.

GAWD IT KINDA HUMOURS ME WHENEVER A SITUATION PRESENTS ITSELF WHEREBY I CAN HELP YOU ALL TO PROVIDE YOUR OWN CLOSEING STATEMENTS FROM A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE..

So sorry to disaapoint you all that were under the impression that i was writeing my own eulogy..WRONG YOU ALL ARE ONCE AGAIN..i AM HERE TO STAY TO EFFECT ALL THOSE CHANGES THAT I HAVE OUTLINED IN MY MODUS _OPERANDI.

Respects..and in the Lyrics of Santaana..StormiNorm...Shango Warrior..No Obstacles will ever get prevent me from accomplishing my Goals and that of others with a similar mindset..I shall effectively remove any form of opposition that does not conform to the ideals of makeing this world a better place for all.
Grogster
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Grogster »

Hiya!

O.K.
Valid points.

I was just expressing my joy over the fact that the kit worked and worked well first time. PCS modules do have some issues, but I don't considder them that serious. The PCS modules are clean, and stable, as confirmed on our work freq.spectrum analyzer at work.

They passed the technical test here in NZ with flying colours, which calls for the Tx to be of at least equal quality to MOST FM commercial stations.
Now, i'm not saying that you can get commercial Tx costing thousands of backs quality from this unit, but they are pretty bloody good, none the less!

One thing worth noting, was that the PCS modules do not allow you to adjust the output power accurately below 1W, but when questioned about this, Marko suggested a mod, which worked fine.

Apart from BW, PCS are the only guys that produce a Tx with an LCD in kit form, which is a big selling point for me and my customers.

BW units are very good, and I don't mean to take anything away from them(have used several, and they all worked fine), but PCS combine the LCD with a few extra watts of juice, making them better value for money, in my opinion.

Bye.

(please take no offence - i'm just stating my opinion...)

G.
StormiNorm

Me i never take no offence to nothing Dude.

Post by StormiNorm »

I just share my views with all..Quite simple.

Hey get ready Bro' i have you folks on my to visit list..I might just pop in on a surprise visit one day..You know that you 'BOYS' down 'Under_Yonder' are Kewl as a Kiwi fruit.

Hey wazz up with the Aboriginees?Have you folks introduced them to LPFM?dO YOU FOLKS TREAT THAT ROOTS AND CULTURE WITH RESPECT AND DIGNITY?

YOU ALL BETTER..OR ELSE.....

Anyway Grogster at least your Goverment has ok'd 300Mw as a legal limit for lpfm operation..over here Stateside heavens knows what kinda Laws some old farts drafted up as to define the legal limit of radiation if one wants to setup a Radio Station...I mean Bro' might as well use two tin cans attached with a string...This Country of the USA can be so Backwards thinking in some areas...Geez..dont you feel apathetic towards some of these scenarios over here Sir?

Anyway i really couldn't care less anymore..As far as i am concerned..if i am gonna transmitt a signal to be heard it ain't gonna be no Yard casting setup....Wasteof time to me.

Norm B
Grogster
Regular poster
Regular poster

USA vs NZ power...

Post by Grogster »

Hiya.
:)

Hey Norm, Last I heard, USA only allowed 50mW of juice!!!
:o
This might have changed since I last heard about it...
Is this still the case, or have the FCC allowed you guys 60mW now!!!
:wink:

NZ lets you have 300mW, and there is actually talk, that this figure might go up to 500mW, or maybe even 1W. This would be good - any increase is good news.

I understand that the FCC probably only allow 50mW due to the population density in USA...
(that, and encouraging movies like PUMP UP THE VOLUME - my favourite pirate-radio movie. You know, when our TV company transmitted this movie a few years ago, they censored it. Can you beleive that???!!! A movie about freedom of speech, and the powers-that-be miss the point completely, and censor it!!!!!! Yikes... :x )

Bye.

G.