FM transmiter Antennas

This is the place where you can ask questions
related to schematics posted on our website
and request new schematics. We will try to post whatever is possible.

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

blue4j8

FM transmiter Antennas

Post by blue4j8 »

can you use a VHF tv antenna to brodcast with the 2W transmiter seen here http://www.pcs-electronics.com/schematics/2wsimple.gif and if so how so.
blue4j8

Fm transmitter antanas

Post by blue4j8 »

actualy what kind of antena should i use to get a 2 kilomiter range from a this 2W transmitter

Re: Fm transmitter antanas

Post by Guest »

[quote="blue4j8"]actualy what kind of antena should i use to get a 2 kilomiter range from a this 2W transmitter[/quote][color=brown][/color]
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

TV antennas are not suitable for this frequency band (88-108).

Check the antenna guides and choose any of those.

Please note that the 2W transmitter from the schematics section creates
a huge amount of harmonics and spurious signals so you will probably
create interference.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Titanium
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Titanium »

If you attempt to use a TV antenna your signal will jump all over the band, your swr will go through the roof and your rig will eventually blow its main output transistor.

Not to mention your effective range will be about 2foots worth of harmonics :lol:
Yoda
Regular poster
Regular poster

Wicked antenna that packs a punch for about £10

Post by Yoda »

:D The other day I built an antenna from plans on the net. It's pretty wicked, I got about 2 miles with the antenna just sat on a tripod in my back garden (still untuned) :o running about 4 watts. I will let you know what it is like when I get it tuned and on the 30ft pole at the back of me house.

:) If anyone would like plans for this then please e-mail me and I will provide. Its not very pretty and about 7ft long, but is full wave and has a low angle of radiation (about 30 degrees) Capable of running upto 500w depending on materials used and construction quality.

:cry: BTW, if anyone has a cheap second hand SWR meter for 88-108Mhz please get in touch.
Last edited by Yoda on Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have removed my e-mail address due to spam through this forum!!! please now use:
simon (at) dreamtechnologies (dot) co (dot) uk

May the force be with you.

http://www.radiorave.co.uk/
Yoda
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Yoda »

:D :D :D :D I tuned my antenna (well checked it anyway and luckily it didn't need tuning at all!!) SWR at 1:1.1 :D :D :D Not bad I thought for a homebrew antenna. Well, got the ole ladders out, climbed the back of the house, dropped me pole, shoved me antenna on the top, stuck it back up in the air, tightened all the nuts and bolts, nearly fell off the ladders :x and finaly cranked the TX up to full power (only about 4-5 watts) and went for a drive about in the car......

Well, me and me mate drove, and drove and drove and drove some more. then the signal started to drop a little 4 MILES AWAY!!!! :D :D :D

I am well pleased with the antenna I built and more impressed with the signal....Running about 40watts should cover the whole of me home town and more!!! YIPPEE!! Time to get arrested by the DTI I think!!

Anyway, if anyone wants plans for the antenna please let know and I will e-mail them to ya.

But all the credit must go to PCS cos my antenna is a variation on the Slim Jim they have on their site, just a few mods to enable you to build it with modern materials (I mean, who has ever heard of 19mm plastic pipe????? In all the plumbing I have ever done I have never come accross 19mm pipe....)

The force is strong within my antenna.............................
I have removed my e-mail address due to spam through this forum!!! please now use:

Fleetinglimpse
Compulsive poster:)

THE BRITISH GOLLY_WOGS DENIGRATES_LIEUTENANT

Post by Fleetinglimpse »

The British pronounce it as :"LEFTENANT
The Americans as "LOOTENANT"
Among the many Hypocracies that some of the British Roots and culture dispaly (especially those present in this forum)is the Envy and conceited mindset that they entertain in their silly and somewhat prejudiced and very BIASSED VIEWS OF AMERICANS..ESPECIALLY AMERICAN POLITICS.

ON ONE HAND THEY LOVE AND ADORE THE "WILDWEST WEST MENTALITY" BUT ON A 180 DEG. JEKYL AND HYDE PERSONALITY TRAIT THEY DESPISE THE COWBOY MINDSET..NOW HOW DOES ONE RATIONLIZE SUCH BEHAVIOUR?HOWEVER THEY LOVE THE PROFITS MADE FROM SALES OF THEIR LPFM ITEMS OF HARDWARE..NO ANN ROBINSON DISPARITY THERE THOUGH.

Gidday Mates..Norm B..The Western Oriental Gentleman..or "W.O.G"

AND DONT YOU ALL EVER FORGET I BITCH SLAPPED THE LIVEING DAYLIGHTS OUTTA MANY A NATIONAL FRONT NEO_NAZI'S..HELL I EVEN OWNED A PAIR OF STEEL TOED DR. MARTENS "BOVVER BOOTS"..hiyaaaa
Yoda
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Yoda »

:-? Errrr, what's that got to do with antennas???? or is it antenni?????

Fleetinglimpse

YODA WHAT IS IT WITH THOSE FAKE BEARDS?

Post by Fleetinglimpse »

mAYBE ONE DAY WHEN YOU DECIDE TO GROW UP THEN YOU WILL HOPEFULLY WILL HAVE GAINED A BIT OF WISDOM TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHY AERIALS AND THE TOPIC CONTENT I HAVE PURPOSELY INCLUDED IS A MIX OF sOCIO_TECHNICAL DEPENDENCIES.

STATED ANOTHER WAY..I AM MAKEING ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT YOU ALL HAVE HAD YOUR FUN AND GAMES..NOW IT IS MY TURN.

I HAVE MADE SEVERAL INQUIRES AS TO THOSE FROM CORPORATE RADIO AND TV,,AND WHOMEVER ELSE HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THE VERY WELL DOCUMENTED FACT THAT SOME ONE HAS USED ME IN SOME ANALYSIS OF WHICH I DID NOT GIVE MY APPROVAL OF...IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT I CAN CLOSE THIS CHAPTER WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF BAD SENTIMENTS FELT ON MY BEHALF TOWARDS ANYONE.
A)THE PRESENTATION OF ANY IDEAS WHREBY KIDS AND A ROLE MODEL FACTOR IS A REASON WHY...THAT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE TO ME...WHY?

BECAUSE THE MODERATORS//ADMINISTRATION HAVE ORCHASTRATED SO MANY POOR AND UNETHICAL EXAMPLES FOR ALL THE KIDS HERE PRESENT TO ADOPT.. BY ALL THOSE THAT HAVE USED DISRESPECT TOWARDS ME

NOW THAT IS A SEVERE DISPARITY ON YOUR ALL BEHALF ..THAT THEN MAKES MY IMPERFECTIONS..JUST A DROP IN THE OCEAN COMPARED TO COLLECTIVE SUM OF DENIGRATES//INGRATES ACTIONS TOWARDS ME.

I KNOW ALL THE TWISTS AND TURNS ON ALL THE ASSUMPTIONS SOME OF YOU WOULD WANNA PUT FORWARD AS FACTS..REMEMBER THAT I HAVE BEEN SUCH AGOOD SPORT AND WITH SOME VERY VERSATILE AND SWITCHBACKS IN ROLE PLAYING I CREATED A REAL SENSE OF IDEAS EMULATED JUST FOR THAT IDEAOLOGY...MEANING I AM THE FORCE..THAT IS ALWAYS BESIDE THE FORCE..AFTERALL SOMEONE HAS TO BE ABLE TO BOOTSTRAP THEM BACK IN THE MAINSTREAM OF SERVANTS OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC,,EACH WITH VARYING DEGRESS OF TALENT AND EXECUTION OF DUTIES..BUT COLLECTIVELY,TEAM PLAYER PARTICIPATION IS THE !!!FORCE!!!..THE STRENGTH

Anyway..Trust you all had fun..Warlord Norm B..THE Distinguished Gentleman from Florida..
Last edited by Fleetinglimpse on Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yoda
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Yoda »

I really do not understand what it is you are going on about.....can you please explain this in a way that us 'kids' can understand.

Fleetinglimpse

Post by Fleetinglimpse »

IT IS QUITE EASY FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND..I DONT EVEN CARE TO WANNA ENGAGE IN ANY FORM OF DIALOGUE WITH ANYONE AS THIS STAGE OF THE EVENTS..I DONT FEEL A NEED ANYMORE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF..A FEW SCEANRIOS I HAVE LEFT 'HANGING' JUST TO OBSERVE THE GENERAL CONSENSUS OF 'OPINE'...I AM JUST RIGHT AT THE VERY END OF CLOSEING OUT A FEW MISCONCEPTIONS BY SOME FOLKS HERE
Mike1972
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Mike1972 »