Broadcast Problem

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

flext
New registered user
New registered user

Broadcast Problem

Post by flext »

Hello All

ok here's he problem we have the MAXproiii+ and se3 stereo encoder with the 300 watt amp all in the same case antenna is at 150 feet in height fed with andrews 1/2 inch heliax a good strong signal from our STL .with power output at full power we get full stereo broadcast right at the tower site.

however further out say more than 2 kilos from site we lose signal to recievers in buildings however outside ther buidings we can recieve the signal on a cars radio.

I have checked the power output which is good 290 watts SWR on the antenna is 1.3 . A 25 watt transmiter gives full coverage into building and the likes from the same site

any ideas

thanks
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Check the frequency, there is a trimmer to adjust it precisely.

Other than that there is no sensible reason why 290W signal should
be weaker than 25W.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
Mustang7172
New registered user
New registered user

Check antenna

Post by Mustang7172 »

If you are using a vertical antenna, being that high, your signal may just go out into oblivion. Has your signal ever cleared up on a cloudy day? You may need to get a circular polarized antenna. This case, your vertical car antennas, and your horizontal base receivers can get the same signal. Horizontal signals stay close to the ground. I hope this helps. I also operate a LPFM station, and find this to be true.