Not possible to use anoutdoor antenna, good indoor antennas?

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Denizzje
New registered user
New registered user

Not possible to use anoutdoor antenna, good indoor antennas?

Post by Denizzje »

Hello,

I want to play around with FM broadcasting for a while already and suddenly I stumbled upon this on a site where you guys advertised via google adsense. I am thinking about buying the PCI Max 2007. Well, you get a small antenna I see, but you should buy a better one. The problem is, that I think that you must put these antennas on your roof. That is not possible here due to stupid rules of this apartment block (I can't have airco and a satellite dish neither!). Is it possible to have a better antenna indoors? I got a very good place at our 'balcony' (I do not know the word, it has a roof but you can open all windows to make it half open) for example.

I also got this question: with the 2000mW version on the external power supply and with the standard antenna, what will the range be?

For in case that an indoor antenna is not possible, I do have a place somewhere else where I can place an antenna outside (a very large one even if I want, it is at a place where not much people come and it can be hidden good :P). But at first, I want to play around in the comfort of my own home.

Thanks,
Dennis.
Dreammachine-Radio
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Dreammachine-Radio »

Hello,

You can use the PCS-0210 Single Circular Dipole antenna as indoor/outdoor antenna ( http://www.pcs-electronics.com/pcs0210- ... -1103.html

The range for the 2000mW transmitter is depending on the circumstances in your house. Like thickness of the walls and roof for excample.

Average range of the transmitter is between 500 and 1000 meters.

If you need more power later you can by a AMPLIFIER from this site, but remember if you do you need to upgrade the antenna also.

success. :lol:
Denizzje
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Denizzje »

Dank je wel ;).

The range you gave, is that with the standard antenna or with the antenna you gave me the link to? If it is not, will this antenna get me atleast to the 1.5km given here: http://www.pcs-electronics.com/guide_how.php. If that is true, my signal can make it to my school and that would be great :D.

And is this antenna easy to set up (also inside the house) for someone who has basicly never touched a thing like this before? :P
Dreammachine-Radio
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Dreammachine-Radio »

Range given is always based on the perfect conditions situation earea and hight of the antenna.

The PCIMAX 2007 2000mW can run with the included antenna, but only when theire is no dc power supply connected. The range with include antenna withouth connect a power dc supply, is lower the given range in ideal situation. Cause the power output is lower then 2000mW when no power supply is connected.

When you want to cover a range of minimum 1 - 2 km ( 1000 - 2000 meters) you need:
1. to by a good antenna with coax from this site.
2. by the power supply
3. position the antenna outside the building on a level where its free for signal ( so no buildings, and no trees arround the antenna) how higher the antenna how more distance you get)
( PCS team can advice you whats best for you )

And yes you can setup the antenna in house ( for example with a small metal pipe )

But remember as long as you playing in house with the antenna the range can be about 2 bloks outside your house.
Denizzje
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Denizzje »

I got a question about this antenna: http://www.pcs-electronics.com/87108-10 ... dd864f9b2d on the picture it looks like it stands on the ground and the description says it is only 1190mm. Does it really stand on the ground and thus I can put it on my 'balcony' or do I get the wrong impression?
bezerk
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by bezerk »

I have this one, and yes it will stand on its own, and you can use it on your balcony just fine.
its a great choice and i push OVER 30 miles with mine, but thats with an amp.
what i would suggest is getting what you need to get going, the transmitter & that antenna - then upgrade to an amp after you get things setup and you are satisfied & ready to push more power.
but yes that antenna is a great choice, its "no tune" so you do not have to adjust anything.
=D> bezerk =D>
Denizzje
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Denizzje »

Thank you very much Bezerk. =D> for you indeed ;).

I am now waiting for pcs to answer my question via pm and then I can finally order ;).