Wiring SWR protection 300w BCW Amp + LPF-3000 + MAX PRO 3+

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

silversid
New registered user
New registered user

Wiring SWR protection 300w BCW Amp + LPF-3000 + MAX PRO 3+

Post by silversid »

Hello, This is my 1st post on this forum so please be gentle. I have purchased all the items above and am ready to start to assemble them.

I have a question regarding the swr protection! From reading the instructions for the lpf-3000 i understand that i can wire the output from the amp to the LPF3000 and then to the antenna and this alone will work as a low pass filter. What i don't understand is how to make the swr protection work.

I've read a post about wiring it into the mofset. But I really don't understand. Would it be possible for someone in the know to draw me a diagram (any chance of pics of the components and some simple lines via "Paint"), or expalain on simple terms how to get the swr protection working. I hate to ask such a question, but have already had to replace an output transistor which are quite expensive!

Any help much appreciated.

Regards, Mark ~:o ')
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

1. MAX PRO3+ needs to be set according to the input power requirements
of the amplifier in order not to over-load the input stages.
You have to do that before connecting amplifier module to prevent damage.

2. Swr protection output on lpf3000 board is wired to the bias point on the 300W
amp. As far as I remember there is a special pad on the amplifier board for this,
usually marked bias. If you get stuck here drop us all a message again.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128